Becoming a Pro Gamer - Part 2

Whenever Byleth could find the time to do so, he would pay House Varley frequent visits

Whenever Byleth could find the time to do so, he would pay House Varley frequent visits. This household was the one he visited that one time. Byleth did not enjoy the company of Bernadetta's father.

He greatly despised the man, the more he got to know him. And the more he got to know how badly he abused his family as though they were nothing but trash...

But Byleth didn't visit because he favored the presence of Bernadetta's father. He didn't come because of the debt he owes House Varley. As a matter of fact, that debt has been paid up.

The reason Byleth makes constant visits... is because of Bernadetta. He wants to get to know the girl a little more. But... it's a bit hard to learn much of someone when they are constantly shooing you off and shut themselves up in their room.

"Wait... you seriously have some cake?!" Squealed Bernadetta. Byleth had been reading that there was some nice, yummy, and sweet cake awaiting her if she came outside.

But when she opened up, when she realized it was a tease, she pouted in disappointment. But then her eyes met both Byleth's and her cheeks began to get rosey!

Byleth, to this social recluse, was a beautiful and handsome young man. She could hardly believe the one who has spoken to her many times behind her wooden door... actually appeared quite attractive!

Bernadetta instantly becomes embarrassed and uncertain with her feelings and slams shut the door, surprising Byleth while shrieking out, "G-Goodbye! O_o"

Byleth blinked a few times, so not expecting that. And eventually as more time and days passed by, instead of reading the girl about cake, he actually brought her one!

"I-I know your just teasing me like the last time!" Bernadetta pouted behind her door. But then... her nose caught a scent of some vanilla. "Wait... are you... are you actually serious?!" She shrieked in disbelief.

Bernadetta slides open the door hesitantly, and sure enough, there it was! Vanilla cake coated with strawberry pink icing!"

Bernadetta drooled while staring at the beautiful and scrumptious treat! Before Byleth even say anything or have a chance to blinks, Bernadetta swiped the cake away in a matter of seconds before scarfing the treat down behind her door.

"Yum, you got good taste mister! Say... did you actually bake this? Or is this from a bakery?" Bernadetta asks in-between bites.

"Baked." Byleth answers in his calm, cool tone. "Wait... for real?! Y-You gotta teach me how to make sweets like this!"

Bernadetta's father was bewildered when he came home that following week to actually find Bernadetta outside her room! SHE WASN'T IN HER ROOM. For once!

And what puzzled the man most... what lured her out her room... was Byleth teaching the girl how to bake a cake.

"You gotta be kidding me! You mean all this time the secret of dragging my daughter out her room was through the way of sweet treats?!" The father exclaims quite loudly.

But ever since Bernadetta's father acknowledged his presence, fear took over Bernadetta! She screamed, and retreated to her room. Locking it!

"Darn it... I feel like I'm trying so hard to do the complete opposite of trapping a magey raccoon out of its cage!" Groaned the father in annoyance.

Sweets no longer worked when it came to luring Bernadetta out. So Byleth came up with a better idea. If he desired to get closer to Bernadetta... he will simply have to spend time with her, in her room.

And maybe once she becomes more comfortable around him, he can help her explore the world beyond her room. He wants to help Bernadetta... and the only way... may be through the introduction of video games.