Chapter 1

20 years earlier

Danny waked up in his bed. He hears a knock on his door. "Danny .. are you awake?" His mother comes in with her usual smile. "Today is the day! Your father is going to open his shop in town!" His mother comes to Danny's bed, but Danny is sad. "Danny, believe me. It wouldn't happen again." His mother says. A few years ago there was a big explosion in a shop of his best friend Rachel. They still don't know how it happened. There was a fire and the building collapsed. Rachel's body was never found, but her family is dead. "Eat something quickly, we go away in a few minutes!" Danny goes to his closet and sigh. He sees a picture of Rachel. She was always cheerful, she could make you happy when you are sad,  She saw everything positive. Danny looks at the picture. "Rest in peace, Rachel." He says softly. He puts his photo in his bag and grabs a few other things gently. He quickly runs down.

"Get in the car Danny, it is 10 minutes drive to the city." Says his father named Jay. Danny goes quietly sit in the back. "There are many people, it is great!" Says his. "Your dream is reality Jay Coming up ... it is so much fun!" His mother smiles happy.

After 10 minutes they park their car. "Just stay here and wait Danny, we will walk a couple minutes into the city. We'll be back!" Says his mother. His father and mother are walking towards the city. Danny looks at the sky. He thinks of Rachel. They were only 5 years old, but their relation was so strong. Danny is now seven, and he miss Rachel still so bad. He falls asleep.

He is suddenly woke up by a bang. He looks fast towards the city. All people run to the town square. Smoke comes from it. There is a fire. Danny quickly stands up and ran along with the people on his children's legs. People scream and shout, walk right past Danny. If he at the square, he sees the smoke from his father's shop. "Daddy! Mommy!" Danny shouted. "Quick! This boy his parents are in the building!" A woman, about 40 years old, is holding Danny's hand. "Help! It's everywhere!" He hears someone in the building screaming. It is his father. "Dad!" Danny ran towards the door of the building. "Someone save that child!" A man screamed. The same woman who was holding his hand quickly grabs Danny just before he was going into the door. Then, the door falls down and burned.

"No!" Danny starts to cry. "Come on child, don't look back." The woman says. She runs towards the park where the cars are. "It's okay, they'll be fine." The woman says again. Then Danny hears an explosion. The same explosion he heard once before. "Oh no ..." he hears the woman say. Danny looks back and sees the building collapse.

Danny's picture is black. He sees the shop from Rachel. Screaming people. His father and mother running with Danny at their sides. The building collapses. And then it becomes clear again. He is in a car with his suitcase beside him. The car moves, and he sees the trees passing by his window.  The woman is at the wheel. "Where am I?" Danny asked. "Finally, you're awake. I'm Nikki. We go for a trip, okay?" She says. Danny didn't remembers what had happened. "Where are my parents?" He asked. "They are just ... for a little time away.. I wil protect you untill they are back." She says. Danny doesn't understand it.

After a few hours in the car they stop at a small house. "We are at the end."  Nikki says. Danny walked to the door with his bag. "Follow me, then can i show your room." Danny follows Nikki. He sees a small dining table with wooden chairs. Many paintings and a small bench. He walks upstairs and he opens a door. He sees a bed with a closet and a window with curtains. "I'll be back soon."  Nikki says. Danny puts his bag on his bed. The photo of Rachel is sticking out. He looks at it. "Are they safe there?" Danny said soft against the Photo. Without a answere, he puts the picture on the little table next to his bed. He knew the woman only a few hours, but he feels safe with her. No other family member knows he's here. He has to see Nikki as his new family.