Chapter 4

Danny looks around. Is Tom Rachel's brother? Danny grabs the photo of Rachel from his bag and compares it with the picture on the wall. The same smile, same beautiful hair, eyes are even exactly the same color brown. Tom comes down the stairs. "I did not know you were the brother of Rachel." Says Danny. "I .. don't want to talk about it. I lost my parents and Rachel on the same day during an accident, she would be 23 now." Says Tom. Danny looks at Tom. "But I'm still your big brother." Danny tries to cheer him up. Tom shows a small smile. "Let's go to the hotel before it gets dark." Says Danny. He walks to the door. He hears Tom's footsteps behind him. "I can't wait, come!" Says Danny. They walk towards the end of the street. "Where is the hotel, Tom?" Asks Danny. "It's almost night." Tom stops running. "Honestly ... no idea." Says Tom. "I only know that the name 'Hotel The Peaceful Dragon' is." They walk ahead. "What a strange name actually. You know, because it isn't peaceful." Says Danny. "The Hotel is only about 10 years and is one of the few buildings that has no damage." Informs Tom. They come at a plant store. There is a gentleman who reads a newspaper. "Sir, could I  read some of your newspapers?" Asks Danny. "Sure, here you have one." Says the man kind. Danny picks up the newspaper and reads the titles.

"Village cursed by a big shadow"

"When is the next attack?"

"Thank you so much." Says Danny. He continues with Tom. "Is it really cursed?" Asks Danny. "Who knows. It is only since a few years, but never as bad as now. Usually he came a few times in a year, and then a minute in the mountains." Says Tom. That's interesting for Danny. "It was getting worse if I understand?" Asks Danny. "That's right. The worst point was a few weeks ago, when the last pieces of my parents shop were removed. Maybe a curse there or something." Says Tom. They continue towards the hotel. They come in a square where a statue, their mayor according to Tom, and see two paths. "What pad will we take?" Asked Tom. At one path is dark and the other path shine lampposts. "I vote for the path with the light." Says Danny. They walk to the path, but when they turn the corner there is the same dark. There are strange people and junk everywhere. "Look at that, we have visitors!" Says a strange man with worn clothes. "We wanted to go actually ..." says Danny. "What a pity, I thought we ...." "No, bye!" Interrupts Tom the man. They run back to the plaza. "Okay, the dark side" says Tom panting.They walk on the dark side, but after the bend there is a beautiful building with a fountain, many lights and a nice path. "There it is, I guess." Says Danny. They walk the hotel and  there they see the receptionist. "A room for two please." Says Danny. The girl gives the key and Danny and Tom walks to their rooms. They have a small balcony, perfect to see the shadow. Danny left his suitcase down. "So Tom, he comes at 10 o'clock?" Asks Danny. "That's right." Answered Tom. "And it is now ....?" Asks Danny. "8:00 P.M. I think." Says Tom. "Let's wait here."

Tom stands patiently on the balcony. "It is been 10 o'clock, right?" Asked Tom. "Perhaps the shadow does not come Today." Says Danny. "But you're here now, where is it?" Asked Tom again. "Come on, Tom, tomorrow is another day." Says Danny. Tom walks into the room and the door of the balcony closed. "Sorry we have so much trouble for nothing Danny." Says Tom. "Tom, it does not matter. Tomorrow we're here too, maybe it is here then?" Says Danny. "Let rest for tomorrow." He says, and he sits down on the bed.

It is 11:30 p.m. and Tom and Danny are still awake. They hear a big thump outside. Tom is startled and runs to the balcony. They see nothing. "Strange." Says Danny. He is standing next to Tom. "The ghost?" Asked Tom. "He's a little late then." Says Danny. Danny walks back to his bed. But then it happens. He hears 4 notes of some kind of wind instrument. The first normal, the second slightly higher, the third little bit higher, and the final is low and long. "What did I hear?" Asked Tom. "No idea." Says Danny. Then they heard it again after a few minutes. The normal tone, slightly higher than the high and the low last. They feel vibration at the ground. They look out quickly. There in the distance something arises. It is black, with red eyes.

It is the Shadow.