84

Ross's Point of View:

"Does this look cute?" Danielle asks, looking at me through her mirror. I bring my eyes away from my phone to look at what she's asking.

I nod. "Yeah, I like your skirt," I reply a bit dryly.

The door to her bedroom opens and her friend comes strolling in to sit in the beanbag chair in the corner. "Wow, you look hot," she says to further hype up Dani's ego.

I go back to my phone and open my messages again to see if Hayley has texted me. She didn't say she was going to, but since the call about her passing out has had me worried.

I just want her to be okay. That's all I ever want. I go back to our old texts and there's no typing bubble coming up.

"What're you doing?" Danielle asks, walking over to the bed that I'm laying on.

I lock my phone immediately and roll over onto my back to glance at her. "Nothing. I just don't find sitting here and watching you get ready fun," I shrug.

"So come out with us tonight," she says, frowning. "Wait, did you get more of the coke?"

Her friend, who I can never remember her name, replies. "Yeah. I got it from that scary drug dealer because he always has the good stuff. The one who definitely carries a gun all the time because someone may jump him."

I roll my eyes and grab my phone again. Why am I here?

Dani comes closer to me, racking her long claws up my chest. "Michelle got us some of the good stuff. Hear what she had to go through and you're not going to come out?" She asks, her hand finally settling on my cheek.

I shake my head against her palm. "I told you I can't do that shit anymore, Dani," I reply.

"But you're so fun when you're on it." She pouts as if she can change my mind about literally anything.

I shrug. "I can't, Dani."

"You're so fucking lame, Ross," the bitch on the beanbag says.

I snap my head to look at her and raise my eyebrows. "Yeah, and you're so fucking annoying, whatever the hell your name is," I say.

Dani grips my chin and turns my face to look back at her. "Stop it," she says.

The girl from the chair laughs, clearly not affected by my words. I roll my eyes again to Dani and lean up so I can get off the bed. I want to go home.

"I'm going home. Have fun at your party," I say then pull from her grasp to walk out of her bedroom.

She crosses her arms and stands still by the bed. "Can I at least have a kiss before you storm off?"

I glance to Michelle who is watching my every move. I fucking hate this.

I sigh and turn around, walking back over to her. I slide my hand on her cheek and kiss her twice. "I'm sorry. Have fun at your party. Call me later. Be safe," I say.

"I will," she replies with a smile on her face. She kisses me once more then I pull away from her to leave.

I walk down the stairs to grab my keys and escape this form of hell. Danielle just keeps testing my limits and I can't handle it anymore.

I go to the kitchen and grab my keys, seeing a small baggie with a white substance on the table. I grip my keys a little tighter and walk toward the front door.

I drive home with my music blasting, attempting to drown out any thoughts of her.

Once I walk inside of my house, I'm greeted by the noise of loud chatter. I contemplate for a moment about whether or not to go straight upstairs, but I decide to go to the kitchen.