9

BOOK ONE; WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HYDRA, LET'S GET STARTED

'When you can do the things that I CAN, but you DON'T, and then the BAD things HAPPEN, they happen BECAUSE OF YOU.' - Peter Parker, Spider-Man: Homecoming

CHAPTER NINE

Over the past year, Renesmee had grown comfortable with the Avengers a lot. She had started to call them 'Aunt' or 'Uncle', Tony and Pepper being the exception with 'Mom' and 'Dad'. Her aunt, Natasha, had taught the girl how to dance after finding out her love for it. Apparently, they had never allowed her to do such things at the Hydra base she and her sister, although she didn't really remember her, grew up at.

With the dancing, came people who loved it much like her. She usually danced with Natasha Romanoff, Peter Parker (Stark. It was in the air), Harley Keener (Stark. It was in the air), and Wanda Maximoff (Romanoff. It was in the air.). It would either be all of them, just two of them, a few of them or just one of them on their own. With how busy the 'family' was, majority of the time it was just Renesmee on her own. She didn't really mind, it meant she could dance her heart out with no one judging her that much.

With living at the Avengers Compound in Upstate, New York, came the need to learn self-defense. Although the compound had very high security - Tony made sure of it - it never hurt to learn how to defed one's self if it ever came down to it. The team also wanted to see what Nessa could do with her powers. They knew she could transform into a wolf, tiger, human and dragon (her favorite form, they had found out one time), use telekinesis and make people see her thoughts and/or memories by the simple act of a touch. They just wanted to find out what else she could do. What they found out, they never told SHIELD. No matter what.

Speaking of SHIELD, they had offered Renesmee a job as an Agent, right away but made sure she had Phil Coulson and Maria Hill looking after her to help her, and to be part of the Avengers team when she came of age (sixteen, Fury was not taking any chances with her being hurt at the age of nine. No-sir-re-ma'am!). Speaking of Nick Fury, Phil Coulson and Maria Hill, they were rather protective of the now ten-year-old daughter of Stark.

When Nick had first met her, a month after they had brought her back from the HYDRA base, he was shocked to find out how innocent she was and how big her heart was. She was compassionate, her genuine kindness and how she saw the best in people. She never said a bad word about any one, not even when they annoy her. To Nick, Renesmee was a person who they needed in this world, much like Peter.

When Phil had met her, two months after Nick had met her, he was also shocked to find out how innocent she was and how big her heart was. He was also shocked that, after everything that HYDRA had put her through, she still saw good in the Agents she had befriended there. Phil had decided, in that moment, that he was going to protect her with his life, much like he had promised to do with Lila, Cooper, Nathaniel, Harley and Peter.

When Maria had met her, six months after Phil had met her, she wasn't so shocked to find out how innocent she was but was shocked about how big her heart was. She was surprised that, even after everything HYDRA had put her through, she still saw good in some of the Agents there. It shocked most of the SHIELD agents in the facility. It made her even more welcoming to be Renesmee's godmother.

After Natasha had decided to teach Nessa how to dance, the girl couldn't stop. She danced for hours on end, creating beautiful dances or watching tutorials and doing the dances with the group or on her own. It was a night after she had a nightmare that lead her to the love for dance. It gave her a way to let out all of her pent up emotions after her nightmares. That, and music. Renesmee loved to sing, play the guitar or learn something new. Speaking of which, that was where the girl was now.