Chapter 1

Akira's POV

Ever since I got kicked out of my high school, I knew things would go downhill.

I protected a woman from a man forcing himself on her. But too bad for me - I was the one who ended up getting arrested and I was forced to move schools. Now that I've got a criminal record, I shouldn't be surprised if I graduate with no friends. No one would want to be friends with a so called criminal anyway.

Even my new caretaker, Sojiro, doesn't seem too interested in me. "I was asked to take you in," he explained to me, "And I'm being paid for it." He treats me like he expects me to go on a killing spree any second. It's always, "I'll hand you over to the cops if something goes missing," or, "Stay out of trouble.." - same old shit. I know it's disrespectful for me to say that. But I'm so used to hearing those words his voice is almost like implanted in my brain.

The Next Day

I woke up extra early for the first day. I got into my uniform, and looked at myself in the mirror. "Hmm, not bad" I told myself. Sojiro made me breakfast and I rushed out the door.

As I walked to the train station, I looked around. I found myself staring at this blond-haired boy who looked absolutely amazing. As he looked around, I looked down. I didn't want him to catch me staring. See, I'm bi - and also introverted. I didn't want him to think I was a weirdo for getting lost in his rich caramel brown eyes. " I uhhh like your hair," I told him before moving along to Shujin Academy.