16.2

⚠️T/W METION OF SUICIDE AND DEATH THROUGHOUT THE CHAPTER⚠️

"Would you like some fresh lemonade?"Mrs Cooper questioned as she sat Annabelle down on the living-room soffa.

"I'm fine thank you, Mrs Cooper".

"Oh, sweetheart. Call me Gladys. Mrs Cooper makes me feel older than I already am" The woman laughed whole heartedly as Annabelle smiled, Reconnecting with one of the few adults she liked in Hawkins. "Now, Tell me about this young man".

"Ugh, How to start"Annabelle gushed. "His name is Billy Hargrove and he's one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. He moved here over a year ago with his father and step family from California. He has these amazing blue eyes and the softest hair I have ever felt. He's got a tough exterior but a heart of gold and treats me so good. He always puts my needs in front of his, No matter how much I protest. He's just amazing"She spoke in adoration, Before continuing. "He has a bad past, But doesnt let that stop him. Oh, And his body. He's built like a Greek God. I have to introduce you to him soon"Annabelle spoke excitedly as Gladys nodded enthusiastically, In a teenager like manner.

"Please do. Its not every day you see Annabelle Henderson get all giddy over a boy".

"He's different from all the immature highschool guys. Its like he gets me. Which now out loud, Seems almost impossible. But still, He manages to pull it off."

"Sounds like your in love"Gladys commented as Annabelle choked on air.

"Not to be rude, But are you off your meds?" She questioned as the older woman laughed loudly.

"You get a glistening in your eyes when you talk about this Billy, Belle dear. The same kind I used to get when I spoke to or about my Henry. Trust me on this one, I may be old, But I know a thing or two about love"She smiled as Hopper reentered.

"Well, Uh-Nothing seems to be taken other than the phone and tv"He spoke.

"I could've told you that myself.".

"Erm, Yeah. So we'll get going. Come on, Henderson"He motioned her to follow him as she hugged Gladys.

"Come back anytime."She whispered in her ear as Annabelle nodded, Before following Jim out.

"That was a waste of time"He mumbled as Annabelle shrugged.

"Can we go get something to eat now?". Hopper rolled his eyes at her, But secretly thanked her that she was the one who brought it up. Annabelle sat quietly next to Hopper for most of the drive, Attempting to light a cigarette without him noticing

"You're shit at covering up that"He pointed out as Annabelle sighed loudly.

"Its an addiction. I cant give it up that easily" She told him as he nodded.

"Trust me, I know all about those, so did your father". Annabelle's head snapped towards him as Hopper silently cursed himself.

"What do you mean by that, Jim?"She questioned, Her tone almost dangerous as he laughed nervously.

"Oh, Just that he was a smoker too"He lied through his teeth as Annabelle looked him up and down.

"Sure about that, Hop? Would hate for you to lie about a dead man and expose yourself as a shitty role model".

"I don't lie. This bad cop thing wont work on me, Annabelle. Now shut up and smoke before I put it out"He threatened as she rolled her eyes, Turning back around.

"Joyce'll tell me"She mumbled as Hopper stopped the car suddenly.

"She wont tell you shit, You hear me? Because you wont ask her. You do as I say and not as I do. You get payed by me, so you follow my rules. He's dead, Annabelle. No matter what I tell you it wont bring him back or make you feel closer to him"He yelled as Annabelle just looked at him, Tears in her eyes, taking in what he said.

"Thats way harsh"She mumbled, Opening the door and stepping out, All frail.

"Belle, I didnt mean it like that-"He attaempted to speak before he was cut off by Annabelle.

"Then what did you mean to say, Huh Hopper? I get that im a handful. God knows I know that more than anyone. I get fucking told that every day. You wanna know what hurts the most about the whole situation? My father killed himself and in the note he didn't mention me once. He told mom that it wasnt her fault. He told Dustin that he loved him eternally, But my name was nowhere to be seen. And even after that, My mom payed me no attention. At the time I used to wonder what it'd feel like to follow in his footsteps, And just end it all. But I couldn't. I couldn't leave Steve, Or Jonathan, Or Dustin. I couldn't leave you. And it hurts me to this day that he didn't think of me in his final moments. It fucking stings"She sobbed in the middle of the road as Hopper walked towards her, Pulling her into his arms. "I fucking miss him, Jim"She cried heavier, Her makeup smudging.

"I know, I do too"Hopper soothed her as she continued to cry. "Take the day off. Talk to someone" Hopper kissed the top of her head before pulling away and walking back to the truck, watching her walk the opposite direction of her home.

Annabelle only had one person on her mind at that very moment. Steve Harrington.

a/n
fuck i cried while writing this lol

also i wanted you all to know why Annabelle had such a deep hatred towards her mum, and decided to make it much more complex.

i'm currently suffering from writers block rn aswell, and it's driving me nuts. i just started my last year of school and im under a lot of stress so expect slow updates or updates when i remember to do so.

thanks for all the support <3