-+*Chapter Three*+-

Just as you start flirting with Stan, the boys rise up out of the water and start talking.

"So guys, want to play a game?" Richie asks as he treads water, along with everyone else.

"Like what?" Eddie says and furrows his small, dark brown eyebrows.

Suddenly, Richie goes underwater and he's nowhere to be seen. Then he grabs Eddie's legs, placing him on his shoulders.

"(y/n), go on Stanley's shoulders." Richie tells you and you stare at him.

"Why do you keep pairing us up?" You question him and he shrugs, making Eddie go up higher.

You're happy, though. You didn't mind pairing up with him. You turn Stanley around and before he even knows what's going on you hop on his shoulders.

"Whoa!" Stan yells as he loses his balance, flopping into the water.

You're underwater once again and you come back up to the surface, seeing Stan blushing.

"Sorry.." He apologizes, but you just nod, as you're already lost in his brown, beautiful eyes.

"I.. Um.. It's okay." You smile and he turns around, lowering himself so you can get on properly.

Once you're on his shoulders, we all shift our looks to Bill.

"Sorry Bill.. Maybe you can just watch?" You ask and Bill nods, adding a fake smile.

You all smile and then, you hear water sloshing in front of you, which turns out to be Richie moving around. Stanley moves, catching your attention. You turn your head and push Eddie playfully, almost making him fall over.

Everyone is giggling and laughing, while Bill watches you have fun. He's happy you're having fun, but he's kind of sad he's not a part of it.

Eddie pushes you, making you fall off of Stan's pale, skinny shoulders and land in the now slightly cold water. You come up to the surface and laugh, along with the other boys.

Suddenly, you hear Richie yelling.

"What was that? Something just touched my foot!" He basically throws Eddie off his shoulders and there's a huge splash that erupts throughout the lake.

"Sorry Eds, but I need to know if there's something that could possibly eat us alive here." Richie fixes his glasses and holds onto them, also plugging his nose as he goes underwater to look around.

The other boys go under as well, except for Stan and you. You both just stare at each other, unaware of what the boys are even doing.

After staring for long enough, he awkwardly combs his damp, honey hair back with his long fingers.

You were both completely silent, other than your breathing. But of course, the boys broke the silence by coming back up and out of the water.

"It was a turtle!" Richie exclaims, making you look at him in horror.

"Fuck that, I'm out of here!" You shout back and start swimming, God knows where.

(Idk about y'all but turtles kinda scary too ngl👀)

"Where are you going?" Stanley asks from behind as he watches you swim literally nowhere.

You stop and turn around, looking at Stan.

"I don't know, I just don't wanna get bit by a fucking snapping turtle." You shrug and Stanley looks back at Richie.

"How do we get back up, though?" Stan questions Richie.