Starless

Part one of three:-

"Are we seriously doing this?", he whined.

"Yuh, I need some time ", I shifted on my legs still avoiding his eyes.

" Please Alex... Its just me! I'm still the same person", he stumbled upon his words, his voice slightly quivering. Looking at Georgie Stokes, you'd probably never guess that he cried like a baby watching A walk to remember.

And he'd probably slap me if he finds out that I told you about that.

I looked everywhere else but his face.... I seriously can't do this right now.

I can't bear to look at his face right now, the pain washing over his face, the way his ears and nose get annoyingly red everytime he's had get good cry. His whole face must look like a tomato right now and I can't bear to look at it. My own face slightly green from all these bottled up emotions.

" Georgie just give me some time to think.. Just give me some space..ok?", my voice came a lot harsher then I intended it to. I winced at the tone.

I imagined Gee flinching at my tone.
I rarely get angry, ever but I still didn't dare look at his face.

"You called me Georgie. You never call me Georgie", he mumbled, I heard the little crack at the end. I heard his voice break and I'm the reason so.

I want to ask him to come to hang at my house and eat my mom's chocolate chip cookies but I just couldn't.

We've been friends for our whole damn lives. 14 whole years if the story our moms tell us of meeting at the pediatrician's when I was 8 months old is true.

And still he didn't tell me...how could he lie to me like this?

" Okay ", was all he said before he dashed away. Almost running towards the exit.

I just stood in the hallway and watch him slip out of the door.

It would have been far more heart breaking and gut wrenching if we didn't share the same bus home and if he didn't live next to me. Like if the moment he ran away heartbroken was our last moment together or some sappy shit like that.

He moved in next door 8 years ago ; but we've been friends our whole entire lives.

Sometimes I even get jealous how much mom loves Gee. Not that I'm loved any less by the Stokes'. I am very lovable I've been told.

It is only going to make it more awkward sitting on the bus and walking back home together.
Are we going to walk in a line since we can't walk side by side?

And I don't know what I'm suppose to say if mom asks about him.

This whole situation is so fucked up. Why did he have to be gay! Like you don't expect your lifelong best friend, the one who's been attached to your hip since the beginning of time to come back from summer camp and drop this bomb of a news. Its a fucking nuclear bomb at that!

I was totally against this ratchet Summer camp. First of all I didn't want him away the whole entire summer off to some la la land to study protons or shit whatever the hell you do at science camps that is..
But Gee loves science,he's a total geek and besides I had to spend the summer at Nana's in Florida.