Starless

Part three of three:-

" Are you going to camp on the roof tomorrow?", Maggie asked me.

We were binge watching Bojack Horseman on Netflix.

"I don't know", I stuffed my mouth full with popcorn so that I can dodge her questions.

The popcorn tasted like asparagus, well Maggie made it so no surprise there...how does one mess up popcorn?

Gee and I have this tradition where we sleep on my roof on the eve of our birthdays every year. We did it for the first time on his 13th birthday.. We didn't plan it to become this ritual thing, it just did, his dad had sent him a camping kit and we wanted to try it out, so we were fake camping on my roof the day before his 13th birthday and we've been doing exactly that for both our birthdays ever since.

My room is on the 2nd floor, my window opened upto the roof of our porch, it's almost like a balcony but only bigger, that's our glorified camping ground.

Every year,my mom will bake us cupcakes and we'll spend the night waiting to turn a year older.

" Well don't worry.... I'm sure he'll come around ", Maggie tried to console me.

I honestly no longer had any hope whatsoever.

The last two days went even worse, he even stopped the occasional pointed glare towards my moon face.

It's almost like I was invisible.

"Yuh well it's stupid ", I huffed.

" Hey.. It's not, I'm sure it'll pass..do you know why he's upset?", Maggie mutted the TV and turned to face me.

" Who cares...haha I don't", I ignored her stare and focussed on picking the lint from my pajama pants.

I jumped a little when mom suddenly snaked her arms around my shoulder from behind.

Maggie laughed like it was the most funny thing on earth, the equivalent of an drunk elephant trying to vape. Imagine that... It sure would be funny.

I gave Maggie a pointed glare that seem to shut her up.

" Do you want me to talk to Gee? We can talk to him, your fight seems serious this time", mom hummed placing her chin on top of my head.

"No!", I answered way too quickly, way too loudly.

" Well it's stupid, can we stop being nosy,don't you guys have stuff to do.. Maybe go play some tonsil hockey"

Maggie smacked my hand with the remote.

Mom snickered, it's so tough trying to exist between this two love birds.

Hahhh.... Can we please stop this school girl romance?

I wiggled out of mom's grasp and stood upto leave.

" You know I was going to give back your video games but well....", mom called.

" Really?........",I spinned around to face my mom.