Starless

Part two of three:-

It's been four days since Gee confessed to me about liking boys.

I've been spamming his phone non stop, he mostly replied in one worded answers or a thumbs up emoji. It genuinely pissed me off.

I know I said I needed space but not like this. What? He's cut me off completely!

I've tried to catch his eye a few times at school but he's been avoiding me like the plague.

He has also started hanging out with some suspicious-looking kids. I'm genuinely worried about him.

Just because I said I need alone time doesn't mean he has to act like I'm invisible or something.

I honestly thought he'd come crawling to me on the second day itself but he didn't. He seems to have taken an oath to avoid me at all costs.

He can be really stubborn if he wants to be.

I contemplated sitting next to him on the bus but the last glimmer of my self-respect told me not to do it.

God damn, it's confusing.

I did try to apologize. It's not like I hate him or anything.. I'm not even upset with him. But like I said he's been avoiding me.

" I've not seen Gee around lately? Did you have a fight", mom asked.

"What no! why would we fight?", I chomped down on the chocolate chip pancakes with a bit too much force.

" You look sad...do you want me to talk to Gee", mom said patting my head like a dog.

" Ugh ma! I'm fine ", I grumbled spilling orange juice all over my white T shirt.

Mom reached over to wipe it off.

" I can wipe it on my own..I'm not a kid", I pouted.

" You're still my baby monkey", she ruffled my hair.

" That was one time when I was 7 and I don't even like bananas anymore!"

"Whatever floats your boat monkey", mom winked.

" Oh God it's pointless talking to you", I cried.

•••••

I was already grumpy and looked like I bit into a lemon by the time I was walking to the bus stop for school with Gee.

The entire time he walked ten foot away from me like I was some benign old man out to take his innocence. It would have been comical had I not been wallowing in self pity.

The weight of the cookies mom gave me to give to Gee was also weighing down on my conscience like a 100 pound stone.

He was still ignoring me , so I began to hum a tune.

"Shut up", he grumbled.

"Aren't you cheeky today? ", I began to hum louder tapping my foot.

"You know space includes not texting me", he huffed.

I chose to ignore his comment, "Well I will text you if I want to, it's a free country "

" Bitch!", he muttered and turned away, continuing to ignore me

" Do you like Noah Centineo?", I decided to extend the olive branch once again.

There was a huge billboard where Noah Centineo was advertising some kind of organic water. What the fuck does that even mean!