Prolouge

Play the music if you want

3rd POV
A man stood at the bottom of a tree with a full beard and an axe with a fire dust crystal in the hilt. He placed his hand to it and closed his eyes as he breathed out.
Y/N: I'm sorry.
He looked at the tombstone that was engraved into the tree. He backed away from it, heading into a small wooden cabin, hand built but done well. He walked inside, there was family pictures covering the walls along with other decorations. The man sat down and opened up a bottle of Vodka and began drinking it. He placed the bottle down and swallowed hard as he placed his axe on the table.
Meanwhile down the road a group of men on horses ran towards the cabin, weapons in their hands and ready to go. Above them a crow flew through the sky and around them. Within seconds they made it to the house, the crow transforming into a man in a gray outfit with a sideways cross.  He kicked open the door as the men got off their horses and readied their weapons, ready for anything. The man who kicked opened the door was Qrow Branwen. He walked in with his hands in his pockets.
Qrow: Y/N L/N.
Y/N looked at him, a fourth of the bottle gone, and still depleting as he drank. He then placed the vodka on the table and closed the cap, giving Qrow his undivided attention.
Y/N: you're here to do it aren't you?
Qrow: I am, what you've done is unforgivable.
Y/N: there was no other way.....I've been thinking about it for weeks, there's nothing I want more than to take it back. I can't sleep...eat....but drinking....it only numbs it for a short while.
Qrow: why didn't you do it yourself then? Why did you cause all of this?
Y/N: I......I don't know.
Qrow: you were scared weren't you?
Y/N remained silent as his eyes filled with tears.
Qrow: were you scared!?
Y/N looked at him, his eyes filled with rage and tears.
Y/N: I was, I was afraid from the moment Fimbulwinter started!
Qrow: well....you have nothing more to worry about, do you Y/N?
Y/N: I have nothing more.....strike me down like you came to do.
Qrow pulled out a knife and walked over to Y/N. The men outside with their weapons tight in their hands, waiting for the sound of fighting to begin.
Qrow: I'm sorry it had to come to this Y/N, I always really did like you.
Y/N: it's fine Qrow....if it makes you feel any better, always liked you too.
Qrow readied the knife as he was about to stab Y/N.
Y/N: I'll see you around.
Qrow: yeah.....
Qrow lifted the knife high and brought it down hard and fast. The men outside grew restless, waiting for anything to happen.