nEBULA GOT A WUT!?

(Let's just say Nebula's only 2 years older than Peter for this chapter which she probably is in the whole book, she is going to enter a university soon. She's on a year gap.)

I walked in to the kids who was playing hide n' seek in the living room. Nebula was it and her face was against one of the walls while counting as the other kids are trying to find a hiding place where-hopefully- Nebula won't figure out. Morgan was under the sofa, I can see her clearly. Even so, I bet Nebula would just pretend like she can't find her and go find the boys to make Morgan happy.

"-three, two, one. Here I come." She said calmly and turned around. Nebula walked pass the sofa and towards the shelf there she goes. She opened one of the doors on the wardrobe there and it revealed Peter. He fell, hitting the ground face first.

"Ouch." He groaned and rubbed his nose. The others came out of their hiding places and laughed at him, "How did you know where I was? You peeked didn't you?" He accused and Nebula sighed.

"Okay! Peter's it!" Morgan shouted cheerfully.

"Nope, play time is over. Time to sit down and talk." I announced. Since we adopted Peter, we made this activity where the all of us will sit in a circle and share our feelings or just talk about our day from morning to the current time. It occur after dinner, after their play time too. A lot of secrets had been revealed in this activity before. It was how we found out about how Peter ate my left over that I planned to eat later on, how Harley had a crush on someone, how one of Morgan's friend had a crush who's bi and she had a crush on Nebula. There was also that one time where Happy joined us, that was how we found out about how Happy is dating May. Peter didn't talked to him for a whole month.

So they sat in the circle and I went out the room to get Pepper. She was reading her book when I came over to call her. I touched her shoulder and she looked up. I motioned her to come with me and she immediately understands and walked behind me as we went back to the living room.

We sat down with the kids and completed the circle on the floor.

"So, who's going to start?" I asked.

Harley raised his hand and I grinned. Finally, a day where someone would share something without being asked to. I motioned him to continue and he cleared his throat.

"Nebulagotaboyfriend!" He said quickly with excitement. Nebula blushed and he smirked. Peter sat beside Harley wide-eyed, Morgan squealed, Pepper laughed and I sat here not sure what to say with a smile on my face. All of us are ready to tease her about it when she stood up and left the room.

Our face dropped. Especially Harley's. He didn't know that she would be this mad because of this. His mixed feelings were drawn all over his face. It changed too drastically I might add. While they all were looking at each other with confused eyes, I took the chance to leave the room too. I need to get to her.

I saw her entering her and Morgan's room and closed the door behind her harshly. I walked towards the same room and stopped before entering her room. I knocked three times and said, "Hey, you want to talk about it." I get a bunch of unclear mumbles in return. "I can't understand what you are saying." I replied to the girl inside the room. "Come in." She said once more and I opened the door in front of me. I peeked inside before coming in.

I walked to her bed and sat at the very end of it.

"What happened?" I asked the emotional teen laying on the bed. She said something as a reply but I couldn't hear what she was saying because of the pillow she held on her face. I hummed as a way of showing her that I did not get what she was saying. And with that, she dropped the pillow. I really thought she can't feel anything because of what Thanos did to her-replace her body parts with electronic versions of those parts- so I didn't expect her to have a-sort of- breakdown like this.

Plus, she did got a hang with informal grammars and all human-like things, but I didn't expect her to actually get herself a boyfriend. I want to tell myself that it's just me being a drama king when I know that it's actually a feeling that all dads probably have when they have to let go of their daughters and let them hang out and get close to other boys other than those dads. Even if Nebula isn't my biological daughter, I love her like one. I want her to spend the rest of her life like a normal person. Get a partner, maybe go clubbing with her brothers-which I bet when she plan to do I will probably forbid her to-, go to a high school dance, play dress up with Morgan, and much more.

She sighed and exhaled before saying, "I don't know. I just- I planned on telling both you and Pep about it soon but Harley told you guys about it first. I thought that maybe telling you guys about it alone would make me more daughter-like for the two of you, I wanted to feel the feeling where a girl would tell her parents that she got herself a boyfriend and such."

I was shocked by the reply she gave me though I didn't show it explicitly. I just knew that- that's the way she feel about these type of stuff, "I don't know what to say, really." I laughed at nothing, "But here's what I know, you are not less of a daughter to me even if you don't show or do stuff human teenagers do Nebula. My and Pep adopted you because of who you already are, not because we want to change you into a human girl. Never ever think that way about yourself ever again." She nodded and I continued,

"So, now that this is done. Tell me more about this boyfriend of yours." I wiggled my eyebrows and she laughed. If you ask me wether or not I want to have a daughter ever in my life a when I just started my Iron Man career, I would a hundred percent give a 'no' as a reply. I would say no to stay away from the drama and all those stuff teen girls go through in their lives. But now, look I have a teenage girl as an adopted daughter and I am enjoying taking care of her this far!

***

Okay guys. I gotta end the story here. Are you guys curious about who Mr. Boyfriend is? You'll find out soon enough :) :)

Anyways! What do you think about the story? Tell me in the comments.

Thank you for reading!

Byeeee~!
'