Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Hazel and Addison sat in silence in the car outside of their house. They hadn't spoken a word on the car ride home. Addison had spoken enough about death, murder, police and evidence for one day. No seventeen year old should have conversations with those topics as the punchline. Celeste had already talked her ears off. Celeste had a knack for true crime, Addison found it rather creepy at times. The Adler sisters tried to prepare themselves mentally for all of the questions their parents would be asking them when they entered the house.

Mrs Adler made her way out of the house, quickly and angst ridden. Addison could see it in her face and immediately her whole mood sank. "Girls, what are you doing sitting in the car? Get inside." She said sternly. The sisters looked at each other as they grabbed their bags.

"Be prepared." Addison warned her sister as they made their way into the house.

"Your father is still at work." Their mother said from the kitchen, "I made lunch, have a seat. Maybe we can watch a movie or something."

Hazel and Addison looked at each other in confusion. Where were all the questions? Their mother always had a burning curiosity about literally anything. Where is her curiosity regarding the most horrific thing to ever happen in Arbington?

They decided not to say anything, saying something would be opening a can of worms that they weren't in a mood to talk about. They set down their bags and made themselves comfortable on the couch as Addison put on the tv.

"Please no," Hazel groaned as the news came on, "Dad and his stupid local news. So totally not in the mood."

Addison was about to change the channel when something caught her attention, "We are now outside Arbington High, where a young lady was murdered late last night."

"They already covered this." Their mother said as she handed them both their plates and went back to the kitchen to grab her own.

"As if that wasn't horrific enough, another student has been found dead in the locker room." The sisters looked at each other, shock seeping into their expressions. Mrs Adler hurried into the living room.

"Another murder?" She exclaimed.

"Shh, I can't hear." Addison said.

"Apparently another senior students has been found murdered in the boys locker room about an hour ago. The funny thing is that its another senior student. He was also found with a shard of mirror stabbed right through his heart." The news anchor continues, "As far as we know the victims name was Dylan."

"Oh my god." Hazel said as she covered her mouth.

"No other details have been made public thus far." And then the news was over.

"Dylan? Isn't that the boy who plays football really well?" Their mother asked.

"This is getting stranger by the minute." Addison said, "If you'll excuse me I have to make a phone call."

Addison hurried upstairs to her room as she dialed Celeste's number.

"It's like we're telepathic." She said as she answered the phone, "I was just about to call you."

"Have you seen the news?"

"Yes, about Dylan, thats why I wanted to call you."

"Obviously this is personal? I mean, Mandy sent him a nude and he sent it to the whole school. That has to mean something right?" Addison asked.

"Of course it does! Hopefully now the murders will stop. I can't believe the psycho got past the security."

"Well they're obviously very smart."