Room 3: Game Room, Meet the Gambler

Xavier had collected fifty confused souls collected in the mansion, and with that he had enough to enter the last room in this area...which was the Game Room. This place was quite dark without the lights on, however he had to figure out how to find the light switch...I think Madame Cleo might help greatly with this.

"In this game the mind will to test you like rings, however to turn on the light switch you must capture the king." From the clues Xavier knew it was about a game of chess.

Xavier found the chest board in the room near the window, but suddenly something crawled on the window slowly...Xavier checked to see what it was. For a moment nothing seem to be there now, then a giant spider jumped into the window with giant fangs. With quickness he was able to dodge the spider, luckily Xavier defeated that spider quickly...Xavier Hates Spiders! Now with the spider gone Xavier looked at the chess board, suddenly he began to shrink once he touched the pawn.

He was a part of the chess board and the game as well, but everything looked big from his eyes...however he has to win this game to turn on the light. Suddenly he heard dark laughter coming from the other set of pawns, then giant bright blue eyes appeared from the other side.

"Well it seems that I have a new toy to play with, IF I win your soul is mine...However if you win which is unlikely, I'll give you the light switch...Lets begin!" Xavier wasn't good at chess

Already Xavier lost three pawns to the enemy in front of him, yet he decide to think to help him out of this jam. Then he remembered something his father once told him, and it just might help him in a jam.

"Xavier remember that the game is chess is not about speed, however one must be smart before he makes the first move...doing so will ensure you swift victory." Xavier smiled softly and finally figured it out.

As the game with one the enemy was losing many pawns left and right, suddenly Xavier place his queen near the area where his knights were...they were in the sacred rings...Checkmate! The blue eyed enemy screamed in terror as he disappeared, then the light switch finally came into view. Turning the light switch on the place finally had light. With the lights one he was able to search for confuses souls, however he did run into a giant spider in the process...Ugh! Finally after dealing with spiders and evilness he had seventy souls, yet he also completed a death certificate as well.

"Good job, Xavier! with that piece you've completed the Gambler's death certificate" Xavier smiled as a friendly ghost appeared.

"Yahoo! I knew that you would be able to cut the lights on, and I made and beautiful bet on you tonight...hehe. Oh you have my death certificate in your hands, well it serves me right for trying to cheat in a card game...I just was trying to win the game that's all, well alright Madame Cleo I'll change my ways. Speaking of bets I have a little reward for you Xavier, I've got this purple soul gem you can have...It's a thank you for helping us out. Well since the lights are back on I'll play some cards with other friendly ghost...I promise not to cheat Madame Cleo, on I'll show my hands to you...See you around, Xavier." As Xavier put the new gem in the soul beacon it started to glow.

More confused souls came into the beacon giving it more power, and with that 170 souls were captured at last. Now with this they can finally move on to the next place, yet not before Madame Cleo tells him about this soul gem.

"Now with the purple soul gem you fire powerful shots at your enemies, so hold the charge button to charge the gems...Once it turns purple release it to use a power shot. Now with two gems we can make it to the next area in the Manor, however be careful things are about to get harder Xavier. The enemies will get stronger as you get deeper in the Manor, yet even now I can feel dark energy coming from the Downstairs Hallway. Xavier save your progress you'll need your rest now, but the real challenge will begin tomorrow." Xavier touched the wall clock to save his progress.

Finally they were able to make it to the second part of the Manor, yet Madame Cleo's history will come to view...perhaps the next part will tell us more.