Recipes Gone Wrong

Lumen lazes around with Jack, humming a familiar song...

"I'm bored. What do you want to do?" Lumen asks.

"I... I have no idea honestly." Jack replies. "I honestly just wanna sit around all day and do nothing. We don't have class and..." He trails off as his stomach starts rumbling.

"Sounds like someone's hungry." Lumen chuckles, but quickly goes silent as her stomach starts rumbling louder.

"Touche." Jack replies. "Wanna try cooking something new?"

"I've always had a fascination with cooking so why not?" Lumen says.

Bourbon Shrimp Flambe

"There, now that looks better." Lumen chuckles. "It feels so different not being in that outfit." She says as she emerges from her bedroom in a simple blouse and jeans. Her hair has been tied back into a bun and she's taken off her signature headphones. "Alright let's get a check on the ingredients..." And with that Jack and Lumen go back and forth.

"Butter?"

"Check."

"Shrimp?"

"Check."

"Bourbon whiskey?"

"I'm surprised you even have that. Check."

"Cream?"

"We have some heavy cream here. Check. We got a tomato out and ready..."

"Lemon juice?"

"Check?"

"And that's the rudimentary stuff." Jack says.

"What about salt and pepper?" Lumen asks.

"Sure let's use that." Jack replies. "Though I have a feeling this will end up being flavorful enough." And with that Lumen begins the cooking process, melting butter into the pan and adding the shrimp.

"Alright... Now it says to add the wine." Lumen says.

"Alright, be care-" Jack gets cut off as Lumen pours in some of the wine, and a stray flame ignites it all!

"What the gack- AH!!!" Lumen screams. "OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE!!!" She screams even more as she realizes part of her blouse has started to catch!

"I got you!" Jack shouts as he brings out a fire extinguisher and blasts Lumen with it. He manages to put out the flames on Lumen but the chemicals have gotten all over the ingredients.

"Well, that certainly didn't go as planned." Lumen says.

"Let's try something else, shall we?" Jack asks, and Lumen nods in response.

Salt-Crusted Fish

"Oh..." Jack and Lumen say as they look at the end result of their salt-crusted fish. They'd followed the instructions fairly well, but the end result looked different...

"Were we supposed to remove the skin first?" Lumen asks.

"I think we were supposed to take it off when it's all done." Jack replies. "I could be wrong."

"Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to taste it then." Lumen says.

"Well, here goes nothing..." Jack says as he and Lumen taste their final product. They instantly cringe and spit out the food. "Ugh, it tastes like the ocean... No, saltier than the ocean..."

"Blech..." Lumen says, sticking her tongue out. "Maybe this was a bad idea... Something else?"

Quiche

"Umm... Is it supposed to look like that?" Jack asks.

"I don't think it's supposed to look so... Brown..." Lumen replies. "Did we leave it in the oven for too long?"

"Or did we preheat it too much?" Jack asks.

"Maybe... I'm not sure." Lumen replies. "Wanna try it and see how it tastes?"

"...Do you wanna?" Jack asks. Lumen looks at the strange quiche, then at Jack, then at the quiche again, and then back at Jack before scratching the back of her head.

"Let's go for it, nothing to lose." Lumen replies as she takes two forks and hands one to Jack. Lumen goes to stab her fork into the quiche, but in an unexpected turn of events the quiche explodes, sending it's insides all over the place and some of it flies into their mouths. Once they realize how it tastes, they start hacking and coughing before spitting the food back out. "Oh my god that tastes so bad... Ptooey!!!"

"Blargh!" Jack says. "Well that certainly didn't go well! How did that even happen?!"

"I don't even know, but the only thing that matters now is getting this awful taste out of my mouth!" Lumen says.

A few minutes later...

"Well, I guess we'll be having breakfast for lunch." Jack chuckles as he starts cooking some bacon and hotdogs.

"It's better than nothing at least. What can possibly go wrong?" Lumen asks as she pops an egg into the microwave. Jack is too busy cooking to notice, and a few minutes pass when he realizes.

"Umm Lumen... What did you put in the microwave?" Jack asks.

"An egg? Why?" Lumen asks. "Are you not supposed to put an egg in there?" Lumen's question is quickly answered when the egg explodes and makes a mess of the microwave.

"...You've got to be frickin kiddin me..." Jack mumbles.

"Um... Whoops!" Lumen giggles awkwardly.