•|| Chrom X Reader ||•

Summary

You're a healer, the healer who had taught Lissa everything she knows and is one of the youngest advisors to Emmeryn. Emmeryn sends you to Ferox with the Shepards as a diplomat to speak for her. Chrom does his best to protect you against your wishes. Once at Ferox he confesses his feelings for you.

Story

Boots tapped on the polished floor loudly, along with a soft panting. A young women ran down the hallway, clutching a her papers and scrolls as if she was hanging on to them for dear life. A scroll fell from her grasp and she did a quick turn to catch it, throwing the rest of them up before the lose one would hit the ground. Her hand grabbed the almost lost scroll then fastened her grip on the others she had. Once she had everything again she took off, silently praising herself for not dropping anything along the way. When she turned a corner her smile dropped and she ran straight into someone's back.

A grunt left the person's lips once she ran into them. Meanwhile a small yelp left hers and she fell, her papers and scrolls flying up in the air. She landed on her rear, her brow furrowing at the now stinging pain on her rump from hitting the polished floor so hard. Her arms covered her head as the scrolls that flew up in the air now returned, pelting down on her.

When she saw the mess she frowned, obviously displeased with herself. She was supposed to be refined and graceful much like the exalt herself, this just made her look like a mess. Her gaze turned to an outstretched hand infront of her before traveling towards the owner.

"Sorry about that {Y/n}." Chrom said, giving her a soft smile. They had known each other for years now, ever since {Y/n} was first employed under Emmeryn's service. Seeing it was Chrom she ran into she would immediately blush, feeling she had made a fool of herself.

"No! I should be the one to apologise." She said before taking his hand. Chrom pulled her back to her feet and she would start to dust her clothes off. Her gaze then turned to the mess of papers and scrolls, a heavy sigh leaving her lips. At this rate she would never make it to the council meeting. Quickly she started to pick up the mess, piling the papers in her arms once again. Chrom tilted his head then helped her, picking up a few papers close to him for her. Once she had gotten everything he handed her what he had. "Thank you, now I need to go! I promise we can catch up later!" {Y/n} said before she took off again.

Chrom chuckled slightly once she left before turning back to Robin. "She's probably off to the council, I best be going too." Chrom said, gesturing to the direction that {Y/n} went before following.

Eventually she reached the chamber holding the meeting inside. She quickly slipped inside then took her seat, taking a moment to fix the documents she had. Emmeryn glanced at {Y/n} briefly then smiled sadly once she saw the state she was in. After a bit, Chrom joined as well. He took his seat while most of the members bickered about themselves. Emmeryn brought up the issue with Plegia's attacks then most of the room went silent. Not many knew what to do about Plegia. {Y/n} then cleared her throat, catching attention in the room.

"Lady Emmeryn, I recommend we seek assistance from other countries..." {Y/n} said.

Emmeryn nodded thoughtfully before focusing on {Y/n} again.

"Do you have any suggestions on which countries, {Y/n}?" The exalt asked.

"Yes..." {Y/n} replied then pushed a few papers around, pulling out a small map. She had marked friendly countries, the most influential being Ferox. "Ferox is one of the closest and most influential countries that we've kept friendly ties with, I suggest sending a retainer to speak with the khans." {Y/n} continued. Emmeryn nodded and gave {Y/n} small praise.