Twilight mission

~•~

~•~

"Razuu..... psst.... Razaan," I hear a whisper as I struggle to get my sweaty arm out of my sleeping bag.

I feel someone's hand clasp my exposed one and I immediately throw it off, "Leave me alone," I mumble. I wiggle intermittently, trying to find a sweet and comfortable posture to fall back into slumber. I am almost at the verge of entering my dream world when I am shaken out of my sleep.

"Razaan. Wake up!" I groan annoyedly. Who the hell is this? Why are they waking me up in the middle of the night? Why is it so hot in here?

I struggle to open my eyes but eventually I do and I am treated with darkness. Why is it dark? What time is it? Where's my night lamp? I feel around for it but all I can sense is the rough and unrefined material of what I think is nylon. Perhaps polyester?

Where in the world am I? I knit my eyebrows in confusion as I squint my eyes to see where I am. When I fail, I rub my eyes with the back of my hand for a while and that's when I notice a face in the dark.

Panic lasts for mere seconds before I realise the face of my idiotic best friend. Immediately, I frown. What is she doing in my house? I try and recall if we ever planned for a sleepover at my house and nothing comes to my mind so the frown lasts on my forehead as I question her.

"Amrah, What are you doing in my house?" My voice dazed from my peaceful slumber.

"Your house? Razu, for Allah's sake, we are in a camping trip!" I hear her whisper exasperatingly and I can imagine her placing her hand on her forehead.

I quickly sit up as soon as my brain registers what she said and my eyes adjust to the darkness. Slowly, I take notice of the sleeping bag that I am stuck in. And then the almost empty water bottle at the foot-end of my sleeping bag. My hand reaches the side of my bed in search of my phone when I realise that it isn't there. Instead, it comes in contact with the metal hand of what seems like a torch light.

I get hold of it and and switch on the light and I find myself in a cubby tent. And then it all comes to my mind. We are in a weeklong camping trip. I am in a weeklong camping trip. I reiterate in my head. I sigh.

I adjust the torch and the boring face of my best mate comes to view and I can feel my face contort weirdly, "Why does your face look like that?" I question.

"Look like what?" She whispers.

"Why does your face look like what it looks like?"I look around, "And what's the time now anyway?" I say loudly as rub my eyes again.

"Shh, keep it down," She whispers again annoyedly, "And what do you mean? It's like an hour past midnight"She replies quietly and I blink.

"Speaking of which, why did you wake me up?" I ask her groggily, yawning loudly.

"Razaan, please. Stop speaking if you can't whisper. For god's sake, you're gonna get us in trouble." She pleads.

"What trouble? And again, why are we awake?" I continue loudly and another yawn is emitted out of my mouth.