Chapter I: GRWM

I'd always noticed Katsuki Bakugou.

Noticed? Hell, I'd been crushing on that arrogant idiot since we were just kids. I hadn't seen him face-to-face in forever, but I know I'd still be able to pick out his stupid face in a crowd of a million people in 10 seconds flat. An unlikely situation, I know.

But today, the grand opening of Viva Coffee Shop, where yours truly is set to make an appearance as head barista, this situation has become more likely than it's ever been. The owner of Viva has gained intense popularity in Musutafu, so I could bet money on almost everyone showing up just to shake his hand.

2 hours.

That's how long I have to get ready for one of the biggest opportunities of my life. I could care less about Kacchan right now, I'm gonna be famous! I mean, not really, but close enough. After what seemed like an eternity of shuffling through a bag of hair supplies, I finally emerge with a curling iron, which I plug into an outlet conveniently placed next to my vanity. Waiting for it to heat up, I take a moment to gaze at my face.

Let's see, what do I have to work with here? 2 obliquely set (E/C) eyes that my mother claimed she could get lost in, (S/C) skin that I thought was nothing remarkable, 2 high cheekbones that make up for the averageness of the rest of my face, and 1 pair of dainty peach lips. I wasn't the prettiest, but on the occasions where I really tried, I could manage to get close enough.

I held a hand over the propped-up curling tool and, after realizing it had reached the intended temperature, ran it through my (H/C) tresses to form loose ringlets. Looks cute, I thought to myself.

Kacchan told me on the playground one year that he thought it was, too. 

After applying my typical makeup, the only thing different being my thin false lashes, I glanced at the clock that hung on my (W/C) walls. Maybe it's time for a change, I'm getting bored with the shade...

...NO TIME TO THINK ABOUT THAT NOW, I'M GONNA BE LATE!

Quickly, as if I had been yanked, I was on my feet. My scattered makeup, my steaming curl tool, my ugly wall color, and everything else could wait. I slid my black flats on so fast, they were barely even on. Rushing out the door, I didn't even stop to breathe until I got in my car.

After 5 minutes of driving that definitely pushed the speed limit, I arrived at the coffee shop. It barely looked like one: the huge windows, sleek grey brick, and modern logo all gave it the feel similar to one of a professional institution. No wonder the crowd was so big, there was a clear difference to all the other of it's kind.

Maybe I'll see him; even just a glimpse would do.

𝘕𝘰! I say to myself. This day is for business and business ONLY. He probably won't even remember me, right? It's easy to forget 14 years! My kindergarten boyfriend can wait. 

Even if I have to wait forever.