Ch. 3: Hunger

"Ugh, why the hell do I feel hungry? I'm a fucking zombie" you grumble as you shuffle towards the kitchen.
Zombina had eventually gotten out of bed to go check on something after about an hour of cuddling up to you. She insisted you stay in bed for a while longer, and you eventually got a text from her telling you to go to the kitchen.

As you move towards the kitchen, you realize something unsettling: the light was off. Why would the light be off in the room where your partner you trusted with your life told you to go?
You assumed a fighting stance and crept towards the room. As you stepped in, the light came on.

"SURPRISE!" The chorus of voices shouted as you blinked in shock and surprise.

"Wh-what?" You stammered, looking around at the bright faces of MON.

"Well, since you came back to life, you have two birthdays now, as do I" Zombina told you as she walked over, pleased with herself.

You look at her

"Party was your idea" you shift your gaze to Doppel

"The surprise was your idea"

"Ooh busted!" Doppel grinned.

"How'd you know?" Tio asked in her normal motherly fashion.

"Simple. Zombina obviously would have thought of the party, especially since she's gonna need to show me the ropes of being undead. Now, I know Doppel came up with the surprise because c'mon, she's Doppel" you explain your analysis of the situation.
You all sit down around the table and Doppel places down a large cake on the table, and hands you a knife to cut the cake.

"Hey Doppel?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's the real cake?"
Everyone looks at you, confused at your rejection of cake.

"Aw man, busted!" Doppel sighs, and the looks turn into one of shock and amazement.

"How'd you know?" Asks Manako, amazed.

"Simple. It's an obvious prank she'd pull, and she never pass up a prank" you explain.

"Yep, he knows me well" Doppel says as she walk in with the real cake.

You all sit around the table, eating cake and telling stories.
One by one, the members of MON excused themselves to their rooms until there was just you and Zombina.

She leaned over and rested her head on your shoulder, and you rested your head on hers.

"Hey, how long was I. . .?" You ask, and you feel Zombina snuggle into you tighter at the mention of your death.

"Three days. It scared me, (f/n). Usually bitten come back the next day. I had to plead to Smith to let me keep you here" she recalled, a tear forming a wet patch on your shoulder.

"Zombina. . . I'm sorry" you said

"For what?"

"For being late"

Suddenly, a loud crash startles the both of you as Smith runs in to the room.

"Both of you, lock and load. We have a situation"

~~~

WOOOOOOO!!! I'm back to writing three stories at once. I've started to work on a story for all you quirkless people like me ;). Anyway, thanks for reading! Love y'all!

-kaburnicas