Two; One

"Ready for the third round?"

"Just move."

I saw his lips move from the corner of my eye but I was too far gone to catch what it was so I bent over the small table to have another line.

Pain seared through my nose but it was nothing compared the the adrenaline rush I suddenly had and a small smile crept over my lips.

"Do you only do it when high?" he said, pausing his music which made it a little easier to understand him.

I giggled a little, laying down on my back as the warm feeling crept over me.

"That's none of your business," I replied, grabbing his arm to pull him down with me.

"You know I like you, right?" he whispered in my ear and I laughed again, ignoring his words and enjoying the sound of his voice and the feeling of his skin against mine.

"Are we going for round three or are you too tired?" I teased which got him going again and it was back to making out and fucking like there was no tomorrow which there always was, sadly.

It didn't take that long for him to fall asleep after we finished and that was when I decided it was time to go home so for good measure, I let myself have one last line before I sat up and got dressed, taking my phone and leaving behind the memories of what had just happened.

I dialed the only person I knew would answer me at three in the morning and also the only person that I hadn't managed to push away from me yet.

"I swear to god, if you ask me to pick you up at some stranger's flat," Paige scolded from the other end of the line.

"I love youuu," I said and laughed.

"Daniel, are you high?"

I scoffed but didn't answer and laughed again. "Come get me!"

I gave her the address and I was in her car in less than ten minutes.

"Thank you," I said quietly and giggled again. "Oh, I sound gross."

"Don't think you're off the hook. You're staying up all night and we're talking when your ass isn't high anymore." she said in an exasperated tone.

I nodded, not caring that she was angry at me and leaned my head against the window, closing my eyes.

***

Hours had passed and it was now dark outside again.

I was sitting on the sofa with a cup of coffee, staring at the liquid and thinking of all the times I took him out to drink coffee whenever he was upset or didn't know what to do.

Even such a simple thing like coffee brought back memories I loved but hurt.

"How are you?"

I didn't look up when she sat beside me and I shrugged.

"Dan, it's been four months. You need to start giving me answers or at least go see Sara again." she sighed.

"Sara?" I asked, lifting my head a bit to look at her.

She gave me a puzzled look. "Sara? Your therapist? You haven't gone to see her a few weeks now."

"Oh."

It went silent and I could already tell by the tense atmosphere that Paige was going to attempt to teach me a lesson about how I should be trying to get my shit together instead of sleeping with strangers and getting high and acting like my grades aren't important anymore.

"Dan, what were you on?"

It wasn't the question I was expecting but I squeezed my eyes shut to avoid her stare and mumbled "Nothing."