Chapter 11

A/N: A million thanks to infallible angel and her excellent alpha/beta skills.

This is it folks! Final chapter of this story. Hope you enjoyed your journey!

If you love this (or hate it) please let me know about in a review! Find me on Tumblr at crochetawayhpff. Enjoy!

~0o0~

blitz - a fast intensive nonmilitary campaign or attack

~0o0~

January 1947

Diagon Alley

London, England

~0o0~

Tom spent the day after his twentieth birthday moving. After almost three years touring Europe, he and Hermione had both accumulated quite a bit. Hermione had devised a small bag for each of them that was layered with Undetectable Extension Charms and Lightweight Charms. As they settled into the flat that Potter's parents had found for them in Diagon Alley, Tom kept pulling more and more items from his bag.

"How did I end up with this much rubbish?" Tom groused as he pulled out his fifth set of black-tie robes.

"Three years on the road will do that to you," Potter said. He was busy organizing the books Tom had pulled out. "Merlin, did you buy every book in Europe?"

"I didn't," Tom said. "But it's possible Hermione did. She charmed an entire bag just to hold books, did you know that?"

"It certainly doesn't surprise me," Potter muttered.

"Books are very important," Hermione called from the kitchen where she was organizing tea for the three of them. "How else would I learn everything about everything without them?"

"It is why we spent four months in Paris alone," Tom said under his breath to Potter. Potter snickered.

"Oh, hush, you," Hermione admonished lightheartedly. "You act as if you didn't want to spend three months at the Les Archives Sorcières."

Tom smirked at her, bussing her cheek with his lips as she set the tray of tea things down onto their small kitchen table.

"Honestly, you both are moving in six months, why bother unpacking at all?" Potter asked, waving his wand and shelving a row of books.

"We're not heathens, whatever you may think Monty," Hermione replied. "Now take a break for some tea. We're due to meet with Dumbledore and the Order this afternoon. We'll need to be our best."

"Merlin's Order, I almost can't wait to see who old Dumbledore has recruited," Potter said, sitting next to Hermione and poured himself a cup of tea.

Tom took the last seat at the table and thanked Hermione absentmindedly when she fixed his tea just as he liked it.

~0o0~

March 1947

The Hog's Head

Hogsmeade, Scotland

~0o0~

"Tom Riddle and Hermione Granger, yes! They are the ones who started the whole thing."

"I thought it was Professor Dumbledore."

"No! He was just taking it on while they were on their grand tour."