1

Italics = Flashback
Bold and Underlined = Thoughts within a flashback

Gryffindor Tower
Boys Dormitory

Warmth.

That was all that I could feel as I stood before the window located in the boy's dormitory. Blood red curtains fluttered like wings as a warm breeze blew through the open window. With the sun on my face, warming my insides as the sunlight caressed my face, I looked over Hogwarts grounds that bustled with little activity.

The sun was a fickle thing I suppose, giving off light so that those who roam this planet may see. So that nature could grow wild and free. So that people like me, touch starved and lost, can feel the gentle heat all over us as we come to the decision that although we may be lost, we are unrestricted of the social standards that society has placed. That we are whole even if sometimes we feel as if we are broken like shards of shattered glass. We are united. We are ourselves and that's all that matters.

As I stood there, basking in the light, I thought about what had happened this year at Hogwarts. One, Sirius Black, a somewhat brotherly figure and godfather, had died leaving me alone without rescue from hell, also known as the Durlsey's.

He had wanted to gain guardianship over me, but that couldn't happen for two things: one, he was still an escaped convict, and two, he had been killed before his name could be cleared of any wrongdoing. But most of all is what happened after our exams. I had decided to share a part of me with my closest friends, Ron and Hermione.

For once in my life, I had been optimistic about the reactions my friends would give, but I guess all you had to do was anticipate the worst in all things. One would think that after everything, Ron, Hermione, and I have been through, this little fact wouldn't tear our friendship apart but then again you would be wrong. I had found out some truths that day, some that made me rethink the times we shared and how we all first met.

Shaking my head, I tried to rid myself of these thoughts and memories, but each time they came back stronger until all I could do was stand there, watching it play over and over again before my eyes.

- & -

With only the flickering flames in the fireplace to keep me company in the deserted Gryffindor common room, I waited for my friends of three years to arrive: Ron and Hermione. The letter I sent should have been received by now and if so, they should be on their way. I knew that they were coming because why not? They've never turned me down before and should know that this was an important meeting. Ron and Hermione should be here any minute, but time seemed to crawl at a snail's pace.

As I paced before the fireplace with only chairs and a loveseat as my audience, I tried to figure out some way to tell them. Should I be blunt and spit it out once we got the pleasantries out of the way? Should I ease them into it by asking their opinions on the subject? Or should I even tell them at all?

My thoughts turned down a darker path as long-forgotten insecurities clawed their way to the surface. Such things had me worrying because deep down inside of my heart, I knew that I was making a mistake. Even though everything inside of me was warning me against this, I tried to push through and see where this would go because of one thing: Ron and Hermione were my friends, so they wouldn't judge me over a small piece of myself, right?

With that, I halted my pacing before shaking my head as I sprawled across the loveseat. I then decided right then and there that whatever happens, happens. I had wanted to come out with a planned speech but that was overrated. Maybe I could just ease them into it before I sprouted out a long speech that probably didn't make a lot of sense.