CANDOR || the truth untold

Sht is about to go dark really fast

I coughed as I landed harshly on the ground, my eye stinging from the dust that surrounded me

I coughed as I landed harshly on the ground, my eye stinging from the dust that surrounded me. I tried to blink away the pain, but it was no use. I rubbed them with the inside of my shirt.

There was nothing, but the darkness all around me, a single light flashing from above. The air was a bitter slap to my skin, my blood running cold from its touch. There was a sickening feeling resting in my stomach, so bad I could throw up. My throat itched and didn't allow my to speak.

I slowly sat up, my whole lower body aching. When I looked down to my hands and saw them shaking, covered like a glove with dirt and dried, red substances. Scars littered my arms and I stared at it in shock.

As I tried to stand, my legs gave out on me. They were numb and my whole body slammed against the ground. My heart raced with unknown fear and terror, my chest clenching at the sudden acceleration.

I pulled my arms, a ghost feeling of hands on them. I gasped loudly as something wrapped around my throat, a scream finally coming out. But it was quiet. I was silenced by someone covering my mouth harshly.

My body practically flew up to a sitting position as soon as they grabbed my mouth. I gasped for air, the sweat running down my back and sides of my face.

"Abe?" I hear someone call. I quickly turned his way, close to punching him with my fist. "What the hell?! Calm down!"

He dodged my attack and held both sides of my jaw line, moving some of my hair from my forehead. It took me some time to register what was going on, but I soon realized that I had a nightmare. Something I rarely ever get.

I feel my hair fall on my back and I notice that Bakugou had taken it out of the messy ponytail. I silently thanked him in my head, not able to physically say anything to him. I rested my hands on his forearm, slightly leaning into his touch.

"What was that?" He asked in his neutral tone. When I looked in his eyes, I could see the concern in them.

I looked down, not wanting to look him in the eye. I stared at the cushion. "I... I don't know," I replied softly, completely confused.

Bakugou ran a hand through my hair to straighten it out. He leaves the room and returns with a towel in his hand. He held it out for me and I took it, bowing to him as my thanks.

It was damp and warm as I wiped my face, my energy practically gone. I felt drained.

"You were thrashing in your sleep," he states, sitting on the coffee table. "The hell were you dreaming about?"

I paused, looking the male in his red eyes. I blinked the urge to cry away and kept my composure. "I'm not sure... it was really dark and I couldn't see anything."

Bakugou nodded slowly. He leaned back in silence and we stayed that way until his parents returned.

。。。

It was finally the first day of our internships and I couldn't contain my excitement, even though I felt like trash. The passed few days, I'd been having the same dream as I did at Bakugou's, but each night, something is added on. And no matter how hard I would try to get out of it, it would always continue to show up.

I whipped my head around to wave my classmates off, my ponytail hitting my neck. I decided to take up Lady Love's offer at her intern. This opportunity was a once-of-lifetime and there was no way I was going to miss it just because of some silly dream.

Even though I felt exhausted with every step I took and I had heavy bags under my eyes, I have to suck it up and continue on.

Kazue is on standby just in case my mother wakes up or if my father is back from his job. He'd been gone for weeks now and it was really worrying me.

All I can do is hope for the best.

I sighed as I sat on the train, staring out the window. I watched the passing scenery with people enjoying themselves and wished I could be outside, having fun, too.

The time passes and after a long while of walking on foot, I arrive in front of a small house. I run my thumb just above my brow, looking over the address. "This is it," I say to myself. I was a bit surprised of how subtle looking the house was. I couldn't help but wonder if Lady Love actually lived here.

I knock on the door and am immediately greeted with arms crushing me in a hold. I gasped, my breath taken away by the unexpected welcoming.

"Abe (y/n)! I've been waiting for so long to meet you!"

I coughed into my fist, glancing up to see my childhood idol standing casually in front of me. She was as beautiful as I could remember from television. She even had the same long, pinkish hair. Her eyes held such kindness, the golden sparkles glinting in the afternoon sun.

I bowed to her, entranced by her beauty. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. You look beautiful."

I slapped a hand over my mouth, my face burning from embarrassment. I had just complimented my idol, not to mention in a disrespectful manner. I hadn't even formally introduced myself.

Lady Love looked unfazed, and instead seemed intrigued. "There's that honest mouth I've heard so much about," she commented.

"You've heard of me?"

"More of your quirk than anything. I like to keep up with fellow Pros and their children." She smiles and walks in her home, leaving it open for me. I close the door behind me as she continues, "Word around was that your quirk makes you say the truth and usually makes you suddenly say what you're thinking."

I blinked. I was not expecting her to know that, much less know others were talking about me. It was a great honor to be recognized.

"You can read people's minds and see their memories," she said in a tone that caught me off guard. Her aura changed for a split second, but it went back to normal when she turned to face me. "Okay then. Put your costume on and let's get going. We have a lot of work to do."