CANDOR || nap of a star

It's now Christmas break for me and I'm determined to post chapters as much as I can :)

I groaned as I felt a pair of hands gently grab me. I was lifted in their arms, pulled close to their chest. I panted from the pain that spread throughout my body, tears threatening to fall. I gripped the person's shoulder and threw my head back as I gritted my teeth together. My nails unintentionally dug into the cloth of their shoulder.

"(Nickname)?" Midoriya asked, his voice close to my ear.

I forced my eyes to open and look him in his green orbs, a tear falling down my cheek. I sniffed, moving my hand through his hair. "You're okay?"

"I'm okay, but I think I messed up my legs again." I sighed in relief, brushing the curly bangs from his forehead.

"We should get moving," the Pro said. I averted my gaze to him and remembered how he was paralyzed the entire time. "Can you walk?"

I nodded and wiped my cheek even though the pain was basically unbearable. "It hurts like hail, but I can manage. Here, wrap this around me for now." I dug in my pouch an took out the bundle of disposable medical wrap.

The Pro wrapped it around me tightly enough to hold off the bleeding. After he finished, a hand was held out for me and I took it gratefully. "Thanks, Todoroki." I struggled to stabilize my feet to hold my weight.

"You can hang onto me if you need," Todoroki offered, concern in his eyes as we made eye contact.

My face heated as I squeezed his hand unintentionally. I nodded slowly, trailing down to the knife wounds in his left arm. "Yeah... but you're hurt."

"It's fine." He points to my stomach. "You seem to be hurting more than I am. Just hold onto my shirt if you're worried about hurting me."

I purse my lips as he turns around. I held the back of his shirt and we slowly walked to the unconscious body of Stain.

They stripped the villain of his weapons and tied him up. We slowly leave the alley, Midoriya propped on the Pro's back and Todoroki dragging Stain behind him with Iida following. I held a grip on Todoroki's shirt just has he said I could, making sure to keep up with their pace. It was slow, but it needed to be slower.

I limped behind them as they spoke, but their voices never reached my ears. All I could think about was keeping my breath under control and not blacking out. My ankles and calves felt worn out and my stomach felt like it was going to fall out. It was like my leg wasn't even there.

"Wait!" I pulled on Todoroki. The others looked at me in alert. "Where's the other villain?"

They looked at each other, concerned. "She disappeared," the adult reported. "Not long after you were stabbed, she was sucked into this portal-like gate."

Sweat dropped down the sides of my face and my body felt hot. I gritted my teeth and moved closer to Todoroki's body, feeling the heat radiate from his left side.