An Unlikely Visit

"Louis"

"Louis!"

Louis shot straight up in bed and looked around the room. His sweep was almost complete until he saw something out of the corner of his eye.

A shilouette.

He rubbed his eyes in attempt to see the figure better, but it didn't improve the slightest.

The figure stood there, motionless and silent.

Louis squinted his eyes at the person standing in his room, suddenly realizing who it was.

He couldn't believe his eyes. This couldn't be possible. Louis felt the hairs all over his body stand on end. The man in front of him had been dead for years. His body was young and full of life, just like it had been the day he died. The figure stepped closer. 'This can't be happening' Louis thought to himself over and over again as the figure came closer and closer.

The figure's hand reached out, towards Louis' neck, painfully slow it moved forward. Closer and closer, until it stepped into Louis' sight and confirmed who Louis had thought it was.

Josh Devine.

Louis' entire body shook with terror. He could control none of the movements in his body. He was stuck in his own body.

"J-Josh?" Louis was barely able to studder out the name of his dead friend. "I-I t-thought y-y-you were d-dead?"

"Silence." Josh's body spoke, not like his usual self.

"You have dont wrong, Louis Tomlinson." Josh continued, "You were not meant to end up like this."

"Your life was meant to be happy and light, not dark and dreary as it is. You shut out your friends, the ones that loved you. You yourself left your family, you alienated them. You made yourself this way. This was your doing. You tell yourself you are happy. You tell yourself you have an amazing life. YOU TELL YOURSELF LIES." he yelled the last part.

'We up above can see how unhappy you are. That is why I am here."

"But why- how are you here? You died 8 years ago! Hit my a drunk driver! Dead on arrival!" Louis managed to squeak, holding back the tears.

"I am not really here," Josh replied, "merely touching on an old friend. Sending him back."

"You are sending me back? To where? How?"

"You are going back to 2012. You are going to be 20 all over again."

Louis' eyes fell closed, and everything went black.