1.

„ 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘶𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘢𝘳, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦!"

„ This is what you always order," the brunette laughed softly as she was – once again, making the desired drink the blonde-haired girl wanted. Lola was a regular at the coffee shop where Raegan worked at. And ever since she was hired there, she saw the blonde girl daily, always having the same order – two times a day. And Raegan has been wondering who the hell drinks coffee at 7 p.m daily, but she never asked – she tried once but Lola only shrugged and said it's one of her things. That she drinks coffee so late because usually, she has to stay up to do homework with her younger sister.

„ Here you go, 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘦."

„ Thank you, Red. So, I've been wondering if tonight you're free? There's this cool place, we could do there for a while. What do you say?"

Tempting. To go with the cute girl who's eyes looked like the sun itself honestly. But Raegan knew better. Rule number one: don't go out after 8 p.m. and she was already out, having only half a hour left to make it back home.

„ Have I ever told you about my grandmother?" Raegan asked to which Lola only hummed in approval, „ She has this set of rules I have to follow. I can't be out after 8 p.m, I'm sorry Lola."

„ Didn't she had many other rules? Like the one with 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 , yeah you pretty much broke that one. So what's one more, yeah? Only for a short while, pretty please?"

And as Lola looked at Raegan with her big, golden eyes, pouting – the female just couldn't find the strength to say no a second time. She always wanted to go and explore the town, live a little. But her grandmother never let her. She felt trapped, just as trapped as she felt back in New York. But this was her small getaway gate. Lola was providing her an escape.

„ Okay, deal. I'm coming with you. What's this place you're talking about?"

„ The Wolves."

„ A club? I see it daily on my way here. There's no way – Lola! I'm not dressed for clubbing." She complained, but the simple thought that it was a club indeed made her want to go even more. In New York, Raegan and her older sister – Teagan, used to sneak out and go to different clubs from time to time when their father wasn't home. That's why she didn't protest much, she just closed the shop and even if she was dressed in simple black jeans and her signature oversized red hoodie, Raegan was more than happy to go with Lola to that club. The lights were colorful and everyone there looked high – way more than how they'd be if they would've taken drugs. The music was extremely loud and most people were on the dance floor, but Lola dragged Raegan to the bar first. To get a drink. Raegan however, checked her phone to see the time – it was 7:50 p.m if she'd leave now she'd still make it home, but instead, she turned her phone off and drank the whole shot Lola gave her.

„ Slow down, princess. I don't want you getting drunk so fast," Lola chuckled as she stared at the brunette, noticing just how good she looked even if she was in an oversized hoodie instead of a tight red dress. Lola could picture Raegan in one of those dresses and she would've looked gorgeous.

„ I don't get drunk that easily, princess," Raegan laughed softly, winking at the girl. What she didn't know was that the drinks at that specific club were way stronger than normal ones. Made special for werewolves – to get them drunk. For simple human beings like Raegan? The drinks were intoxicating. And Lola wasn't planning to let her get anything else to drink except for sparkling water. Even if they weren't the best of friends, yet, somehow Lola found herself caring about the other female.

„ I don't want to test that theory out, thank you."

„ Why? You're not my babysitter! It's supposed to be fun!" Raegan chuckled right before a hiccup escaped her lips.

„ Cute," Lola muttered, biting her own lip.

„ Who's your new friend?" asked a male voice from behind Lola. She could always recognize it. Logan's voice. And she clearly saw how mesmerized Raegan looked at him.

„ None of your damn business, Logan." She replied, turning on her heels to face the alpha – and her former best friend. Lola had to look up to him since she was a lot shorter than the male. She hated arguing with him in a way because in the other way she completely adored all the bickering. It was the only way they talked lately.

„ Say that again."

The girl felt her breathing stop for a few seconds. She gritted her teeth and looked him in the eye. His eyes – now red, were scary. And only a fool would dare to say that a second time.

A fool or an ex-best friend.

„ None of your damn business, Logan."

This time he grabbed her wrist. He was in no way joking about this. He only bent down enough for his lips to be close to her ears.

„ In the ring. Now."