CHAPTER NINE

"Zenitsu, you still following behind?" Akiko asked, as her and Giyuu lead forward

"Zenitsu, you still following behind?" Akiko asked, as her and Giyuu lead forward. "Zenitsu?" She asked again after no reply. Turning around, he was nowhere to be found. "Shit." She growled, looking over towards Tomioka.

"Let's split up." They both said at the same time, nodding towards each other.

"I'll go left, you go right as usual. You know the signals if you need me." She said like she did on every mission they had together.

The two split up, dashing off in opposite directions. Giyuu immediately being drawn to an area with loud noise. Akiko however not finding anything in her path.

A boar-headed man was battling a large demon. Giyuu flew down, landing on his legs gently. The demon was very strong, but not nearly as strong as most of the demon's he's fought. The demon had the boar-headed man in his grasp, clearly crushing his ribs.

The black-haired hashira flex down, slicing the arm off of the armored spider-like demon. A loud noise came from the demon who hissed out. With a swift land, Giyuu had looked behind him gently and saw as it regenerated. "Tch. You think you're so strong because of your size." He growled out, slicing the demon's limbs off before decapitating it with ease.

"YOU. YOU'RE STRONG! FIGHT ME!" The boar-man yelled in a deep raspy voice, pointing his chipped duel-swords at Giyuu.

"No, you idiot. Your in such a rush you haven't realized your injuries are serious." He replied sharply, carrying the man away from the river they were in.

"FIGHT ME! I'M NOT WEAK!"

"Your actions are saying otherwise. Let yourself rest. You'll probably have crushed lungs if you don't shut up soon."

Giyuu pulled out a rope, tying the kid up against a tree within an instant. He teenager struggled against the ropes, giving up after a few minutes. "I have other people to save. Stay here, the medical slayers will be here soon enough."

The kid stared in Giyuu's direction in awe. Someone who was stronger than him. Someone who was able to do something.

The wind in the distance had grown louder and faster. Shinobu-san had left for the mountains alone on command of the Master. She quirked a brow, looking over to the direction of the thunder. Quickly weaving her way through the trees to find the opening.

-

"Holy fuck.." Akiko trailed off, entering an area of the forest with hundreds of strung up hair sacks. Some dripped acid, while others stood still. They were all staggered, some higher than others. "A spider demon? How many are here I wonder.." She trailed off, still finding not a single demon within her sights. Oddly enough, not even a single body.

"Tanjirou, please be okay."

-

"Moshi mooosh~!" Shinobu called down, landing on top of the small house strung up by spiderwebs. A yellow and orange haired boy lay there staring up at the moon.