Basic Instincts

Darren's feet slapped the cool pavement, his breath tight and controlled. The sun was just rising above the treeline behind him when he arrived at the edge of town, staring at the long road that vanished over the hills. Farmland for several miles, and then plenty of forest behind them.

His mind slipped back to the events of the night before. Upon rising, he had wondered if the whole thing had been a dream, but his cock had spilled the truth. His crotch was a sticky mess that had necessitated a pre-run shower to rinse off. Marveling at the odd elasticity of the fluid, it had also occurred to him that perhaps it had been a wet dream, a fantasy intense enough that he had blown his load.

However, Ana had been up early too, and the look on her face as she rolled back to her bedroom and slammed the door erased any doubt in his mind. For whatever reason, she had attempted to suck him dry. Part of him wanted to be upset, but another part was flattered. The two emotions had been at war with one another for most of his run, but had finally been stamped out by a feeling that had smothered away the flames of both.

With every beat of his feet on the road, his eyes had taken in the life that surrounded him. He had captured an image of every bird, squirrel, and stray cat he had passed, his eyes lingering appreciatively on flowers, bushes, and even the trees. Every morning, he took his daily run, his legs powered by the fear of the phantoms behind him, pressing ever forward with the intent to escape his past.

However, today had been different. With the crest of every hill and each turn in the road, he had been hungry to see what was ahead. He no longer felt like he was running away from something, but rather toward something else, a thing that had far more promise.

He was no stranger to blowjobs, and had gotten laid more than once since coming home, but this had felt different, more primal somehow. His brain tried to break down this odd flood of endorphins running through his body, but he decided to ride it out. Tomorrow could be different, and misery would likely find him once more, but he chose to enjoy this morning's sunrise and embrace the beauty of the world around him.

Ana. Why had she done it?

He had been under the impression that she didn't care for him much. Was she secretly a sex freak? Was it a kink for her? Did she actually like him? He hadn't allowed himself the luxury of considering her a sexual being, but it occurred to him now that the wheelchair wasn't some magical damper that prevented her from pursuing such things. Clearly she didn't allow it to hold her back from living her life.

Maybe there was a lesson there. It was stupid, but somehow she now occupied his mind in a much different way than before. He had given her plenty of distance, but now wondered what it would be like to get to know her better. There was something there worth exploring, especially if it meant taking his mind off of the darkness of the jungle.

His stomach growled. Turning around, he began the long jog back to town, his thoughts stuck on Ana. He caught brief glimpses of his squadmates peering out at him from the trees, their faces marked with paint, blood and dirt. Instead of chasing him, they simply let him be.

-g-

Ana contemplated the clothes she had put out on her bed. Her immediate impulse had been to flee in the night, but she had nowhere to run. If she were to disappear, it would immediately arouse suspicion, and Darren would likely become the number one suspect. They would search the church and discover her web, which would bring down the wrath of the Order down on her heels. There wasn't enough time to cover her tracks and flee, it would have to be one or the other.

Which led her to her current dilemma. She had accumulated belongings in her time here, objects she felt she was unable to leave behind. Her human side had become soft and sentimental, her many years on the run now too far behind her. On the one hand, she wanted to abandon that humanity and rely solely on her instincts to flee. Unfortunately, her instincts now demanded that she mate and feed. Upon seeing Darren this morning, she barely fought off the urge to rip free of her chair and assault him, carrying him to her lair to fuck him until he was drained, and then eat him.