Introduction

Hi, this is my first attempt at fan fiction. I am always open to critique to help better my writing. Keep reading if you need a little backstory. This is for people who love My Chemical Romance and are familiar with the Danger Days "plot", but haven't read the comic book. 

Battery city is a dystopian version of California. Battery City is very strict and bans anything showing individuality. It is run by Better Living Industries, otherwise known as BLI or BL/ind. BLI have patrols for the city called Draculoids and SCARECROWS. Draculoids are more of a clean-up crew, while SCARECROWS deal with the more "important" stuff. There are both robots and humans that live inside Battery City. Some robots have an awareness just like humans, while other just act like an AI with no sense of reality. Porno Droids are robots that were made for the "pleasure" of the (human) citizens of Battery City. They range in price, from 1,000 carbons (currency) to 50 carbons. You can tell which models are which by the color of their hair. 

The killjoys live in the desert wasteland outside of Battery City. They either escaped the city or were born in the desert. There is a small community out there. They are the opposite of BLI. They dye their hair neon colors, wear brightly colored clothes, and break all the rules. There are small shops built in house ruins, and a radio station that informs the killjoys of the news and deals of the day, any incoming BLI exterminators, or if someone has died. These are not the original killjoys. The original killjoys are a four person group that go by the names "Party Poison", "Jet Star", "Fun Ghoul", and "Kobra Kid". They are the rulers, with Party Poison as their leader. They are the rebels.

DESTROYA is a giant robot that BLI built, but deemed it a failure and sent into the desert to lose power and die. DESTROYA gives the robots of Battery City hope, for they believe that one day DESTROYA will come and rescue them from the electric line that prevents any robots from leaving Battery City. If an average robot tries to cross the line, the robot will lose power and die. This is the religion of robots in Battery City.

The Phoenix Witch is an entity that helps pass souls fin their way into the afterlife if given an object that was close to the soul. The killjoys believe in the Phoenix Witch, and give her the special objects through an old mail box when a killjoy dies. If you are not on the good side of her though, she will steal your soul. This is the religion of the killjoys.

The analog wars take place in 2012, Where BLI is trying to exterminate the killjoys, who are giving hope to unhappy Battery City residents. One killjoy who was a strong warrior was caught by BLI. They put a special Draculoid mask on her, which brainwashes fugitives so they will be turned into workers. Her soul did not escape due to the mask, so it went inside her unborn baby as a sort of "bomb". When she was born, the killjoys knew there was something special about her, so they gave all they could to protect her. She doesn't have a name, and is just referred to as "the Girl". The killjoys knew she could bring down BLI, but they died saving her in 2019.  

This story takes place before the killjoys were killed by BLI, and when they raising the girl. The analog wars are still going on, but BLI hides it from the rest of the city, because BLI needs to be nothing but perfect.