Chapter 2

Violet didn't know what just happened. How the hell was she not dead?! Violet knew 3 things. 1, she was alive. 2, she had escaped Battery city. 3, she was being chased by five Scarecrows. Violet kept running. She franticly looked for somewhere to hide so she might live. It was a desert. Deserts aren't exactly known for being the most discreet hiding places. The Scarecrows were gaining on her. 

          She dashed behind an abandoned...robot? It was hard to tell; the metal was just so rusty and old. Violet found a small gap in the metal and jumped inside, but the Scarecrows saw her jump in. It was, however very dark in the small gap. She couldn't be seen. The Scarecrows blindly shot into the hole, knowing one must hit her. 

          A searing shot jolted her right leg. Violet felt horribly in pain, but didn't dare scream. Why did BLI give their robots pain receptors? She couldn't think about that now. Her leg was covered in sticky liquid. Not exactly blood, but definitely something similar. It was draining fast. Ray guns have no bullets, so there's nothing to stop the blood.

          The Scarecrows had stopped firing. They probably thought they hit a battery, or something else vital. They were going to leave her to die. She was now covered in her blood-like substance. How long had it been? It could have been an hour or five minutes. Her thoughts were liquid, her mind a watery mess. Violet couldn't process anything. She lay in the cold dark of the robot. Maybe she was going to die after all. She soon slipped into a sleep like state, unable to keep her energy. This was it.

          "Dude it's not worth it!" Fun Ghoul was yelling at the Killjoys. "Especially with the analog wars going on!"

         "Calm down. We'll check out where the Scarecrows were spotted. It was last night, they probably aren't even there anymore." Party Poison was trying to convince Fun Ghoul that they should see if anyone needed help.

          "Poison's right. Our goddamn job is to see if anyone is in trouble, not sit on our asses all day." Kobra Kid was Party Poison's younger brother. "C'mon, lets have a vote."

          "There's four of us, a vote wont work." Jet Star was the mom friend of the group, who always had the logical explanation. 

          "No, we have the girl here, don't we? " Poison added

          "She's TWO." Fun Ghoul was getting impatient. 

          "Okay, lets just see if Ghoul is the only one too chicken to fight off a few Scarecrows." Kobra snarkily added.

          All of them put their hands up, except for Fun Ghoul, who sat fuming on the ground. 

          "Ugh. Fine. You guys would be dead without me."

          "Sure we would" Party Poison sarcastically replied. Poison ruffled Fun Ghouls hair. He wasn't super tall, it's just that Fun Ghoul was very short (about 4'5). They got into their car, which had a spider with a lighting bolt going down the abdomen. 

           Jet Star picked up the Girl, who they hadn't quite named. They had been calling her "The Girl". They believed that she should get to pick her own name, like all the killjoys had when they came to the desert. They rode off towards the robot carcass.

           It was a quick drive. When they got there, Poison turned around to face the crew. "Okay, get your guns ready and your masks on. We need to be wary. We're very close to Bat City, and need to be careful. Jet, I'll roll down a window. You leave the Girl in the car.

          They jumped out of the car, guns loaded. They couldn't see any Scarecrows or Draculoids, but you could never be too sure with BLI. Kobra did a quick scan around the robot. "Okay, I think we're all good. Be ready for anything though." Fun Ghoul looked inside the small gap where Violet was hiding.