X

At Shield headquarters, everyone split up into different directions as their mission started. Sam, Steve and Maria Hill went to the IT control center, Natasha went undercover as a councilwoman to stop Pierce, and Athena was to find Rumlow and take down the Strike team and other known Hydra units within the building.

While the others carried out their missions, Athena however had run into some trouble early on.

"Солдат." Two big Hydra agents and the Hydra doctor who usually stood for her physical discipline and psychological evaluations, blocked the hallway. Athena glared at them. "That's not my name." She stated coldly.

"Your father is very disappointed in your disobedience Athena.. And we could really use your strength on our side right now. So he has agreed to let me reset you."

Athena looked at the man frightened. "He wouldn't do that." She said, doubt clearly evident in her voice. "Oh, but he would. And he already has. You just don't remember dear. We've done it a thousand times before." Athena felt his words like a stab in her brain. "You're lying!" She yelled angrily as the two big agents moved to grab her. "Why would I lie little serpent."

"любящий." Athena felt her body freeze up.
"No." She recognised those words.

While she was frozen in place the two meat mountains quickly grabbed an arm each. "кость." Athena squirmed as the doctor kept reading aloud the words from his little red book. "Let me go!"

"Athena what's happening?" Steve's voice sounded worried over the wristband communicator.
The big guy holding her right arm quickly removed his hand from the device having realised he had accidentally activated it. "девятнадцать."

Athena managed to wrestle one guy off of her and press the button to talk to the others. "YOU CANT TRUST ME! DONT TRUST ME!"

After her warning, the two Hydra agents ripped off the communicator and smashed it on the floor. "рассвет." The Doctor kept reading, "мама." Athena felt tears once again filling in her eyes as she fought bravely against the two men holding her.
"Девять."

"семья́." The doctor seemed unbothered that Athena tried to kill his two baboons as he recited the words, "Возвращение домой."

"STOP IT!" Athena screamed her lungs out and fell to her knees after she'd knocked out the two agents holding her, trying to hold her hands over her ears to lock the doctor out, "Один."

"непорочный." Athena's screams stopped abruptly as he said the last word.

The doctor carefully moved closer. "Доброе утро, Солдат." Slowly Athena lifted her head, her face void of feelings and her head empty of any memory of who she was other than the Serpent.

"Я готов отвечать."

After the cryptic message from Athena, Steve and Sam had chosen, though they were very worried, to focus on their own missions.
The best thing they could do to help her, they agreed, was to take down the helicarriers and stop Hydra.

Even if they had decided to go check on her, it would've been too late.

"They're initiating launch."
Steve and Sam carefully and quickly made their way to the Helicarriers.