II

✪

After discovering that Steve and Sam were looking for the Winter Soldier, Athena kept her distance for a bit.
She didn't hate them, but the bond of trust they'd shared had been broken and so, she spent most of her time with some of the other Avengers.
Natasha and her had trained almost every morning, with Wanda she'd made food and baked, which helped her relax too, and with Banner she'd studied whatever science project he was working on, helping as much as she could, with her limited knowledge of the subject.

Right now though, Athena was standing alone on the small balcony attached to her bedroom, enjoying the afternoon sun as it set in the horizon.

"You should try actually going outside sometime. It does wonders." Athena shook her head chuckling.
"Hey Bruce." She responded simply.

"I have to go run an errand in the city. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" He offered leaning on the balcony railing beside her. "I don't know if that's such a good idea, and it's getting pretty late.."

Bruce simply shook his head not taking no for an answer, "We've talked about this.. If anyone here is able to help you with your anxiety, it's me. Come on, it'll be fun. I promise. And it's not like any of us are going to sleep anytime soon anyway." His light mood and optimism made Athena smile genuinely and give in. "Alright."

"I thought you said you had to run an errand?" Athena asked confused as they stopped at yet another food stand, just for Banner to look at before walking away.
"Dinner is an errand.. sort of." He said shrugging.

"Why did you ask me to bring headphones?" Athena questioned as she tried to dig around them in her purse as she searched for her lip balm.
Bruce's face instantly lit up, like he'd totally forgotten his genius master plan, "Put them on." Athena looked at him doubtfully as she put them on and handed him the other end. "Okay?"

Bruce smiled as he put on his own headphones and plugged them into a split mini jack. He then fiddled around with his phone for a bit before music filled their ears. "–Alright, lets go find something to eat." Athena laughed at his random behaviour but didn't think any further about it.
It felt nice just letting go for a bit, and without constantly having to turn around and worrying about the different noises in the street, Athena actually relaxed.

Bruce's plan had miraculously worked.

After a while Athena even started to dance while they walked and lip synced along to the songs. They didn't really communicate other than lip syncing along to different songs and dancing around like a couple of idiots, but it was nice for Bruce to see Athena so careless.