T H R E E

That night he dreams, memories that will never fade, forever haunting him.

"Scarlett, I want to take you somewhere special," Axhaar says smiling down at the female with adoration in his eyes.

"Where?" Scarlett's voice filled with excitement and curiosity.

He beings to exit the room, gliding down the hallway, "It's a surprise."

Scarlett rushes after him, "Oh, come on. You know how anxious I get. Please tell me."

He does not reply nor glance in her direction. He continues to walk as she follows after him, coming to a sudden stop, she walks into his broad back. "What hap -," she gets cut off by the sight before her, a small stone reflecting hues of purple, blue, and green. She takes a steady step towards it, its gravitational pull luring her in. She gently picks it up, caressing it with tender feather-like strokes, afraid any pressure will shatter its fragile structure. "Axhaar, what is this?" She was too entranced by the stone's graceful appearance that she could not comprehend his response.

"... Scar." His fingers snap in front of her twinkling eyes. She averts her gaze from the small object.

"It's the surprise. I created it for you. It holds tremendous power to transport you to a different world, our world."

Scarlett's baffled features display confusion causing her to pout, "I don't understand."

Instead of explaining, he shows her. Barely touching the stone, the room is instantly infiltrated with an array of colours. As the light settles, the scenery comes into view.

Minutes pass before Scarlett speaks, "It's beautiful, so luscious and green." He studies her features in awe, infatuated by her angelic voice. "But, what is this place?"

"Whatever you want it to be, you can alter it to your liking."

They quietened down, observing the beauty this world presented before them. The silence was tranquil, nothing but the melodic breeze whistling though the trees and birds chirping a delightful tune. It was different to the world she was acquainted with, filled with murder and drugs. There was something about this place that calmed her, made her feel as though she belonged.

Within seconds, the gentle breeze turned into vicious howls. The ground trembling, cracks forming upon the surface between Scarlett's feet. The rumbling caused her to lose balance, the winds forcing her to the ground. Rocks were dumbling down the depths of the chasm. She held onto the rigid rock, weeping for Axhaar. He stood there like a statue. Staring as she failed to maintain her grip, her eyes brimming with unshed tears, forever disappearing into the abyss, her screams vibrating off the echoing walls.

He regrets it every day.