Tradition - Part 2

Sex with your husband had begun to feel like a chore.

A well-choreographed, pleasurable chore, but a chore nonetheless.

It had been three months since the enactment of the tradition, and you had not yet fallen pregnant. You were tired and slightly embarrassed. No conception ceremony to date had taken this long. You tried not to take it personally, nor question your fertility. But with every passing menstrual cycle, you became more and more distressed.

You'd begun avoiding M'Baku, burying yourself in your work on the other side of the palace. Any time the two of you were seen in the same room, elders or Jabari diplomats would request a private viewing.

They'd clap M'Baku on the back, beaming with pride, and tell him he "ruts just like his father."

The women would tell you stories of when they witnessed M'Baku's conception and how they were so very honored to witness that of the next king. Your face stretched in to a polite, but pained smile while they cooed over your stomach, whispering wishes of fertility towards it. Praying for a boy...

You lingered in the shower, reveling in the steam and heat. Hopefully, if you took long enough, M'Baku would already be asleep when you returned to your chambers. You felt far away from him and didn't want to have that conversation.

You partially dreaded the walk back to your bedroom as you knew you'd be freezing. It was an absolutely frigid night, but tradition required the door to your room remain open for easy viewing in case the two of you got it on.

You stepped out of the water and toweled off slowly, enjoying the last remnants of warmth before you began your trek down the cold, wooden hallways. Satisfactorily dry, you made your way to bed.

The singular guard at your door nodded to you as you entered your bedroom, shed yourself of your towel and quietly slid underneath the blankets and furs.

M'Baku's powerful arm wrapped around your waist and pulled you closer to him. He often did this while he slept and you pressed eagerly up against the heat his body emitted. But he wasn't asleep.

You felt his wide lips press against the nape of your neck and his chest expand as he breathed in deeply.

"You smell so good, my love," he whispered.

You hummed in response as he continued to kiss your neck. Lightly at first, but with increasing hunger. Goosebumps rose on your skin when he kissed that spot behind your left ear. His fingers dug in to the flesh of your thigh and he flipped you to face him.

His warm, brown eyes looked at you lovingly, and he brought his forehead to yours as he spoke.

"I miss you."

"I'm right here," you replied quietly. "I didn't go anywhere."

He looked at you intently... like there was something more that he wanted to say but didn't have the words for. But his love language was physical, so he defaulted to that.

M'Baku gripped the covers and pulled them over his shoulders. His hands moved to your thighs and pushed them up and apart before his head disappeared under the blankets.

You gasped at the sudden motion. M'Baku held your legs apart with surprising strength and brought his face up to your exposed sex. You could feel his hot breath against your labia, but could not see him under the blankets. Your only view was of the guard at your door, Kuda.

You held in a moan as M'Baku pressed the flat of his broad tongue against your pussy. You didn't want Kuda to hear and turn around. But that proved to be harder and harder as M'Baku began to explore your folds with his tongue.