make

some coffee for healing

Valentine's Day is known as a special and anticipated day for couples worldwide. It's a lovely time of year for those that want to celebrate their relationships with the one that they love and cherish. It consists of an abundance of flowers and gifts that hold promise, accumulating joy and beautifully precious moments that is shared with one another. It's unlikely that when the day does come, it's filled with sadness and heartbreak.

And, well, for Kang Seulgi, it surely was.

See, Seulgi was in a happy–or, so she thought–relationship with her boyfriend, Park Jimin, for a couple of weeks now. In actuality, it was the first relationship that she had ever been in. Albeit, when she was interested in someone, she tended to dive in full-force. And unluckily for her, Jimin was the first person she had gotten close to; romantically.

To be exact, it was on a random school day that Jimin chose to approach her. That tiny attraction manifested into more. Overtime, the meetings continued, whether it had been during her study hours in the library or when she'd grab a coffee at her favorite nearby shop. Ever since then, it all flowed smoothly; every interaction, conversation, and overall moment. As Valentine's Day began to roll around the corner, she realized that she had fallen terribly hard for the first time, because all she dreamed was to spend not only the day, but all days with him and him only.

Though, it was now, as she was waiting at the bus stop with her heart torn to shreds, that she regretted ever letting herself fall too deep into someone. And, possibly, since their relationship was short-lived, she began to second-guess whether her feelings were as strong as she anticipated. Nonetheless, the circumstances did leave her broken inside, as it would with anyone else.

"Would you stop frowning, Seul?"

It was none other than Kim Taehyung. He was the only one that called her that. His voice was angelic and deep, as always. Seulgi was so burrowed within her thoughts that she hadn't noticed that his presence had neared hers, plopping himself onto the bench to sit alongside her.

"Hey, what's up with you?" He nudged the frowning girl.

Taehyung is Seulgi's long-time bestfriend and has been for more than six years now. It's safe to say that they've known each other since they were in elementary school. It all started when he had moved to town during summertime. After a welcoming dinner between both families, they learned that they were, in fact, next-door neighbors. It initiated the two to meet up and play together every afternoon. And as time passed on, an unbreakable friendship formed.

Ever since middle school, the two best friends walked to and from school together. Initially, it was for safety precautions that their parents had constructed, since they were so close, but despite the fact that they had grown older and accompanying one another wasn't necessary, they had simply gotten used to it. Now, nearing their final months of their last year in high school, they had continued to do so. They've felt a source of comfort and safety, especially in Seulgi's case.

"Come on, smile. You look the best that way, anyways."

"Shut up," she pouted, ignored his usual compliment, and continued to stare straightforward in a state of hopelessness.

"I don't know why you're acting so different today. I can tell when something's wrong—it's obvious. Would you mind telling me?" As previously mentioned, the duo are more than comfortable with each other, especially to speak about things that bother them, and although this was important, Seulgi hadn't bothered to say a single word to Taehyung.

In fact, he was more likely to come to her about things than she was. She wasn't the type to complain or rant about her feelings. She'd usually keep it bottled-up inside instead of informing any of her friends. Although this case was slightly different, apart of her didn't want to let Taehyung know about her issues with Jimin. It just didn't feel right to her.