count

you have my heart

As planned, Seulgi crossed over to her house and changed, before returning to wake sleeping beauty up from his slumber. It was difficult at first, since his grogginess got the best of him, but the mere mention of the art exhibition energized his entire mind and body in an instant. He was practically bouncing off the roof as he got ready to go.

Due to the present winter season, and the cold temperatures lowering by the hour, Taehyung and Seulgi had dressed comfortably in beige, long-coats. Having been glued to eachother's side over the years, they've adapted to one anothers chicly, vintage clothing styles. In actuality, it was something else they miraculously had in common, so they were known to match on various occasions.

Upon arriving at the exhibition, as ecstatic as they are, the pair ventured throughout the building whilst examining every piece of art that they came across. Most of the time, they'd stand side-by-side and critically evaluate each one, not saying a single word to each other. Then, disrupting that silence, Taehyung would ask her questions about what she thought of it, what the possible story behind it was, and most of all, what she liked or disliked about it. Since they were so in-tune and intrigued by one another's thoughts, their conversations could go on forever, if they had enough time. Ever since they were able to learn and love the spectrum that is art, they thought of themselves as artists in many ways whilst encapsulating their own personal styles. They'd often pick up on each other's hobbies as well.

In Seulgi's case, she was most interested in drawing and painting. And, with no question about it, she was great at the hobby. Whenever she could, she'd share her drawings with Taehyung, whether it was of Frida Kahlo or of one of her cats. He'd note that she was always molding her craft and improving, while giving other techniques of drawing a try. With that in mind, it'd inspire him to try--to try to share something else with her that she does so well. He knew he wasn't as good of a drawer like she was, but with her as a teacher and a guide, he saw himself improving as well.

On the other hand, Taehyung was in love with photography, and he was phenomenal at it. There'd be days where he'd showcase his photos to Seulgi, and she'd be able to stare at them for hours, drowning herself into the scene that he captured. Just the way he adapted to her hobby of drawing, she gave photography a try as well. Hell, she was good at it, too. He wondered how someone could excel at so many things that was associated with art, but then again, that was one of her many gifts.

"Taehyung, take a picture of me," Seulgi ordered, skipping towards a medium-sized, Van Gogh portrait that hung on the wall. Lifting the film camera to remain at eye-level, he trained his focus upon his stunning, best friend who posed with two piece signs. The shutter clicked and the photo was taken with a single press.

"Cute," he commented, but she was too enveloped with the portrait to hear.

Then, she spoke in a commemorative tone: "Remember when we went to our first exhibition during vacation with our families?"

By her side, he looked at her side-profile, humming positively in response.

"Was it ninth grade?"

"Yeah, it was during winter break, I believe. A couple days before my birthday, right? We couldn't stop staring at the--"

"--Gustav Klimt piece," she finished.

He smirked, laughing a little at the good times. "The kiss, how can I forget?"

"The night before, we watched that Egon Schiele movie together. Your parents and my own were all bundled up in a hotel room. You and I didn't stop talking about it the whole way to the exhibit the next day," she looked over at Taehyung, whose eyes hadn't budged from focusing on her. "Is Klimt's piece still your favorite?"