▫️ Twenty-Seven

A few days later, the torture that was called NEWTs or else known, Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests, was finished, and the students - or rather the ex students - were free for a whole week to do whatever they wished before they were to leave the school and go back home.

Rose's last NEWT exam was Divination, and compared to the other subjects, she could tell she did well. There was a slight smile on her lips as her paper flew away and she instantly looked in front of her, where Bill sat, a few desks in front of her. She noticed him ran a hand through his always ruffled hair and he looked back, and there was a kind smile on his lips as he met her eyes. She instantly smiled back.

She stood up the moment she could and waited for Bill to catch up to her. She was surprised when he reached her and put a hand around her shoulders, squeezing her gently before letting her go. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Was that some kind of a side hug?"

"I'm sorry, I hope I wasn't out of line," he smiled slightly at her as they left the room, navigating their way to the courtyard easily because of their height. "I'm just relieved all of this is over."

"You and I both," she smiled back at him. "We must meet the others in the courtyard, I've got something to share with you."

Bill shot her a questioning look but she didn't offer him any reply as they headed to the courtyard. As soon as they stepped out, they noticed Teddy and Thomas sitting in their usual place. Teddy was the first to notice them, and almost instantly, he smiled as Thomas jumped up and gave them both a grin.

"Finally! I thought you'd never finish!"

"Not our fault you finished your NEWTs yesterday, Thomas," Bill pointed out as Rose came to stand beside Teddy.

"Yeah, Thomas, you just want to whine."

His eyes instantly widened as he looked between Bill and Rose. "When did this happen?"

Rose blinked. "What?"

"When did you start siding with Bill?"

"We had a moment of realisation when looking into the crystal ball earlier in the morning," Bill smirked as he shared a look with Rose. "Apparently, she's going to have a special romantic encounter that'll change her life."

Teddy smiled at that. "Is that so?"

"Yes," Bill nodded as he turned to him, almost eagerly. "And have you checked her hand? It says she'll have a lengthy relationship with someone. Maybe that romantic encounter could lead to the relationship."

Teddy's smile only seemed to widen as Thomas looked at all of them before scoffing. "You know all of this is fake, right?"

"You doubt Bill's skills, Thomas?" Rose raised an eyebrow as she came to stand beside him, smirking down at him. "Come on, Bill, what does his palm say about his future?"

Bill and Rose exchanged a look as he grabbed Thomas's palm. "I see...I see...I see you're independent."

Thomas's eyes narrowed. "Oh really?"

"Yes. And I see that you're a progressive thinker, and - and yes! It's clear, I can see it!"

Thomas leaned a bit closer. "What can you see?"

"I see...I see...I-"

Thomas let out a small yelp as Rose hit the back of his head lightly with a self-satisfied smirk. "I see pain, don't you, Bill?"

"Definitely."

"That's not funny."

"But it is," Bill insisted as Rose walked away and came to stand by Teddy once more, reaching in her robes to retrieve a small piece of paper she had scrunched up.