Chapter 12

It's been two weeks since I've heard from Michael, sergeant Jamison said that he personally saw him get on the plane. I decided to tell my parents what was going on and had to deal with a lecture of why I should have told them from the beginning and that maybe I should move back home for a while. That was definitely not about to happen. I needed some kind of freedom and privacy. I was extremely busy at work with planning the annual charity gala. I avoided going to this every year but because Vincent's company has been picked as the host this year I had to attend.

I was home getting ready when Vincent texted me that he would send a driver for me.

I wore a black gown which flowed down to the floor. It was completely backless down to my tailbone. My hair was gathered on top of my head so as not to take away from the back of my dress. I wore simple diamond earrings and a diamond ring. I just put the finishing touches on my makeup when the driver arrived.

***Vincent's P.O.V********

"So Vince what girl you trying to take home tonight?"

"None of them Im good. Besides shouldn't you—"

"Hello Vincent, looks like it's a good turn out. You look very dashing tonight."

"Thanks Sharon, Yea pretty good turn out. Mark, Ian and Bobby this is Sharon she works for me."

"Only works for you huh, you sure you not tapping that?" Mark whispered.

"Positive, I'm spoken for, I'm a one woman guy."

"Where is this girl of yours?" Bobby asked

"You'll meet her tonight."

"So you don't mind if I talk to Sharon?"

"Has nothing to do with me Bobby."

"Damn who is that, she is sexy."

We turned our heads to see who Ian was talking about and I saw Zara.

"Damn." Was all I could get out.

"Vince you said you have a girl remember?" I heard Ian say.

She looked absolutely irresistible. I saw the stares she was getting from the men in the room. I couldn't blame them but I didn't like it.

"Oh that's just Zara, she works with Vincent and I also." Sharon said.

"I think I should get to know her better, if you know what I mean."

"I don't think so Ian."

"You look beautiful dolcezza." I said when she reached me.

"Thanks Vince, you look very handsome yourself."

"Guys, this is my girlfriend Zara. Zara this is Mark, Ian and Bobby. You already know Sharon." Who was currently standing there with her mouth open.

"Nice to meet you guys. Hello Sharon."

"Um oh h-hi. If you will excuse me."

"Your girlfriend, where have you been keeping her?

"Away from you hyenas." I said laughing.

"Excuse me Mr. Covelli's can I speak with you for a moment?" One of the owners of the place asked.

"Yea sure. I'll be back in a minute sweets." I said kissing Zara.

—————————————

When I got back I saw the guys laughing with Zara.

"Vince you lucked out with this one, she's a keeper."