Still in denial, maybe?

-Hazel's POV-

We talked for a while before we reached the Kopitiam(This is a place where cheap and very lazy Singaporeans go to buy food) it was jam-packed like usual during lunchtime and you could see some teachers, students, police officers and so on, on their lunch break. We were extremely fortunate and managed to grab a seat before all were taken, so we sat down and left our bags to buy some food from the hawkers. Soon enough we bought our food and sat down, continuing to talk smack about co-workers.

When I took out my Handkerchief  to wipe my face to my dismay it landed on the dirty hard floor. So, both me and Bella leaned down to retrieve it. I hadn't noticed and reached out to grab my handkerchief when my hands accidentally landed on Bella's. My face was burning hot and my heart was racing as adrenaline started rushing through my veins. At that very moment I wanted the earth to swallow me whole.

"Ew! What the fuck!" We said in unison.

A few moments later, we started to laugh it off like it was nothing. It was annoying how my face was still burning from embarrassment. Moments later, I found myself staring at her. The way she she laughs and smiles makes my heart explode. But this is normal right? Isn't this what friends feel like? I'm sure this is just the warmth of friendship. Right?