Chapter 1: Out of Oz

It's been almost ten years since the Wicked Witch of The West melted. Every year the citizens of Oz rejoice and celebrate the killing of the evil woman. All celebrated the death, all but one. Glinda the Good was the only one who hated this holiday. She didn't like having to celebrate the death of her best friend. However, little did she know the truth about her friend Elphaba. Having to keep her friend a secret from her husband and daughter was not easy, but even after death, Glinda was loyal to Elphaba. She had other things going on today and it's not just the celebration. Today Glinda's daughter would be leaving home to attend Shiz University. It's all she wanted ever since she was a child and now the day has come. Glinda's daughter came running into her office and pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Mother come on! Father and I have been waiting for you. I'm all packed and ready to go to the school." Her daughter said with much excitement.

"My dear I will not be going with you. I am afraid I have too much work to do. I am so sorry." Glinda said as she watched her daughter's smile fade.

"Mother you promised!" Her Daughter said.

"I know, but I will come to see you at school soon." Glinda said.

Glinda's daughter turned to leave without another word. Within minutes Glinda saw her daughter and watched as they both left their giant house behind. It hurt Glinda that she couldn't be there for her daughter. The truth is she didn't have that much work to do, she just didn't want to go to the school. There were to many memories there for her to handle, especially today of all days. She was happy to know that Doctor Dillimond was given the title of headmaster. If anyone was going to make a great headmaster, it would be him. A lot had changed since Glinda was at the school. Animals have come back to teach once they were able to talk again. Professor Beckett is a wildebeest who teaches philosophy and Professor Melbourne is an antelope who would be teaching literature. Doctor Boone was the newest addition to the staff, she was a snow leopard, and she was going to be teaching advance mathematics. There were still humans working at the school, but the diversity made Glinda happy.

"Oh Elphie, only if you could see Oz. I miss you so much Elphaba and I'm going to make sure Oz continues to change for the greater. I promise it will never be how it was before." Glinda said looking up to the western sky, seeing that is where Elphaba said Glinda could find her.