Chapter Four: Family Tree

The bell rang to begin Doctor Dillimonds history class. He always let his class leave early, mostly because he gave projects a lot.

"Class, all of your last projects were great. So, I am expecting a lot for this one. You are to create a basic family tree; however, it must be detailed on your parents and yourself. Such as where did they go to school, what were they studying and how are your different from them. It will have to presented and the project is due two Wednesdays from now. Class dismissed. Miss. Thropp may I speak with you." Doctor Dillimond said.

"Yes Doctor?" Lirya asked.

"Now I understand you are very private about your parents and I believe I know why." Doctor Dillimond said.

"Oh really?" Lirya said.

"Yes, it has been on my mind. I wanted to know who your parents are?" Doctor Dillimond asked.

"I really don't like to talk about them." Lirya said.

"You said your last name was Thropp?" Doctor Dillimond asked.

Lirya nodded.

"Is there any chance your related to an Elphaba or Nessa Thropp?" Doctor Dillimond asked.

"I...I don't think so." Lirya lied.

"Oh Miss. Lirya, you shouldn't lie. You are not very good at it." Doctor Dillimond said with a chuckle.

Lirya did not answer.

"I'll make you a deal, I will excuse you from doing this family tree. If..." Doctor Dillimond began to say.

"Thank you sir!" Lirya said excited.

"If you answer one small question." Doctor Dillimond requested.

Lirya already knew the question and she was prepared for it.

"What is or was your mothers name?" Doctor Dillimond asked.

Lirya chuckled and look the goat in the eyes, "I can see it in your eyes Doctor. You know who she is by my skin color."

"So she's alive?" Doctor Dillimond asked.

Lirya ran to the door and checked to make sure no one was coming. She closed the door then she went around the Doctors desk and stuck her hand out.

"Hello, I'm Lirya Thropp daughter of the Thropp 2nd Descending and heiress to the title of Eminent Thropp, Miss. Elphaba Thropp." Lirya said.

Doctor Dillimond smile and shook Lirya's hand, "It's an honor to properly meet you Lirya. Your mother was my favorite student. How is she?"

"She's well, she misses Glinda and was worried about me going to Shiz." Lirya answered.

"I understand why, and I am a man...well goat of my word." Doctor Dillimond said with a chuckle, "Consider yourself excused from this project."

"It doesn't matter, you see how the students here look at me. They already think I'm relater to..." Lirya said, "The things they say are..."

"You shouldn't let ignorant statements like that bother you." Doctor Dillimond replied, "Now off with you, enjoy the rest of your day."

"That sounds familiar." Lirya asked before leaving.

"Why your mother said it to me years ago and do not worry I wont tell a soul." Doctor Dillimond answered.