Present: What happens on TenrouUntitled part

Evangeline sat on the second floor of the guild hall and watched the chaos of the month before S-Class nominations unfold. She remembered when she and Laxus had done the same. She smiled a little at this thought. That didn't mean she didn't hate the trials themselves because they pitted members against each other, but there wasn't really any other way. Well, there was, but it wasn't the Fairy Tail way. She carefully watched Cana, who she knew got pretty upset around this time of year. She would be nominated again this year, no doubt. That would make it the fifth year she was nominated.

Evangeline decided to listen in to Cana's thoughts to see why the younger woman was so upset, and as soon as she started listening, she was shocked. Apparently, Gildarts was Cana's father. Evangeline blinked, not sure what to think about the new information.

Said man sat down next to her and tried to figure out what had made Evangeline short-circuit.

"What's got you all concerned?" he asked her. She shook her head.

"Not my place to tell. I'd rather be divorced the rest of my life than spill this," she said seriously. Now it was Gildarts's turn to short-circuit.

"That personal, eh? I guess I'll figure it out eventually," he sighed. "God, for as much of an ass your husband was, at least he made this rush more entertaining."

"That he did. I remember when he made Freed take a job to take out a dark guild alone because he wanted his main strategist to be S-Class. That didn't end well. Freed ended up unable to compete in the trials because he was so beat up, and Laxus actually felt bad, even though he wouldn't admit it," Evangeline said, remembering the events of three years ago.

"Those were the days," he sighed. "I had two real arms."

"You know, if you didn't take that damn 100 year quest you wouldn't have lost it," Evangeline snorted.

"Yeah, yeah, I was bored," he complained. Evangeline gave him a look.

"I'm just glad I was able to keep you home long enough to go to my wedding. I'm surprised you weren't beating Gray for walking me down the aisle," she said. Gildarts shook his head.

"Wasn't my place. I'd wanted to for a while, but I knew that it was better if Gray did it. After all, he was always there while I couldn't be tied down in any one place for too long," he explained. Evangeline nodded.

"I'm glad you're back for now at least. I'll yell at you to come back when I eventually remarry my idiot," Evangeline said before laughing softly.

"Ah, yeah, don't worry, I'll be there. This time I'll walk you down the aisle. Maybe that's why you divorced, eh? To get two chances to get walked down the aisle?" Gildarts said, poking fun at her. Evangeline pouted.

"Shut up, old man," she complained. He smirked.

"Oh hush, you'll be begging me to come take care of your kids not too far in the future," he teased. Evangeline sent him a death glare, then Gildarts realized she could easily kill him and paled. Seeing his reaction, Evangeline relaxed.

"I'd never trust you with my children. There'd be hundreds of toy soldier sized ones running around after you accidentally use your magic on them. Also, I'd want my babies close to home. I don't want them to become adventure seekers," she said, perfectly calm. Gildarts paused for a moment, then left. He decided he didn't like it when Evangeline talked about children. She laughed as he walked away.

"You know, that's kind of mean, Ev," Mira said as she walked up the stairs.

"Ah, yeah, well, he deserves it," Evangeline said. Mira rolled her eyes.