You see a piece of paper...

August 31, 2013

Sitting in the pale moonlight with her favorite person and of course her favorite person hadn't a clue that he was her favorite person. She was his—his favorite person and he told her time and time again. Her lack of handling her emotions in the way most humans do lead her to feel that was false and it was no use for him to feel that way.

Slowly but surely her curious nature kept springing up, she started to reject those feelings less and less but kept it to herself completely. A person like her wasn't meant to have feelings like that, it wasn't in her nature to be weak as she was told. She was told that it was weak and below her, she was told to not bother with such feelings. When she looked at the boy in front of her her real feelings begged and pleaded to come out.

She was gentle in an emotional way with no one but him. No one seen her be vulnerable but him and even then it wasn't complete vulnerability. She straightened up as soon as she felt she was slipping too much.

"So how did you sneak pass Dick this time?" Roman asked.

"Dominic," Sky corrected him even though she couldn't tell if he was serious or not but knowing Roman he was most likely serious. "I'm probably gonna be grounded when I get back if he knows I'm gone. I don't really care."

"Shee-it."

"That's a foreign concept to you, huh?" Sky asked. Roman took a pause before he responded.

"You can come back to my place. You and Shelley can have sleepovers and do whatever the fuck girls do." Roman said, he sounded hopeful, he knew that. He just hoped Sky didn't hear the eagerness in his voice.

"That actually sounds tempting. But I don't want to wake up to Olivia standing over top of me," Sky said.

Roman laughed, genuinely laughed. As she previously stared at him with as much enthrallment she's ever felt. He now looked at her in that exact same way. It wasn't his first time he lost his placement of his words when looking at her. Roman was nothing if not entirely calm around girls but his heart seemed to want to jump out of his chest when he was around her.

"Dominic seems..." Sky trailed, regretting opening her mouth at her new found revelation.

"Seems what?" Roman pressed as he straightened up.

"Nothing. Don't worry. It's nothing, it's most likely nothing."

"It's not nothing if it's bothering you, Sky."

"It's not bothering me."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not."

"It is."

"Roman-"

"It's bothering you, Sky. I know it is." Roman said. He's noticed her behavior. It started towards the end of summer. Roman was concerned but he knew how apprehensive Sky was about her feelings but he couldn't hold in his worry anymore, that's how Roman was with the people he loved. Other people he couldn't be bothered with such feelings.

"It doesn't even matter because I'm not supposed to talk about it...that's not how I raised." Sky said, her words lingering. She looked Roman directly in his eyes hoping he'd stop asking her about it, she started feeling herself get upset. Upset because she couldn't tell him why.

"Is he doing something to you?" Roman asked.

"What? No!"

"Then why won't you tell me?" Roman asked.

"I'll tell you. When I'm ready to. Deal?" Sky said. She didn't know if she'd tell him then either.

"Fine," An awkward pause settled between the two. "What do you want to do next? I'm not ready to go back home."