21st of December

Elizabeth groaned, it was already December 21st. She slid out of bed, feeling exhausted. "Ughhh... I didn't get any sleep... that's just great!" She mumbled, brushing her hair while still adorned in her pjs. She pulled out a pair of leggings and a cutesy dress from her dressers and slipped it on, curling the ends of her hair neatly. "See? There are some days I'm lazy, some days I'm just good." She looked at herself in the mirror and did a little duck face, laughing straight afterwards.

She messaged Elaine and Diane that she would be heading to school a little earlier to bring library books back.

'Hey. Heading to school a little early today. Gotta hand library books back.' She texted.

Diane replied 'alright! Want me to get you a snack before the bell rings?'

Elaine replied 'I have to return some as well! So I'll go earlier too. See you in a bit, Ellie!'

Elizabeth slipped her phone into her coat pocket and zipped it all up, rushing out the door with her bag.

~

She made it to school with ten minutes to spare, taking her books up to the library in the high school. She met Elaine there, and they returned their books together.

"Hey, Elizabeth! Aren't you excited for Diane's birthday party? I heard that she's going to bring a DJ!" Elaine jumped up and down happily. "Hey, Hey! This is what I'm gonna be wearing, too!" Elaine grabbed her phone out of her bag and pulled up a selfie of her in a chic looking strapless black maxi dress. "Oh damn Elaine! I think you'll look awesome! Especially for your boyfriend~" Elizabeth cooed, making the shorter girl blush profusely.

The first bell rang and they made their way to their first class, science with Ms. Morrison. Elaine talked about getting their makeup done by professionals before Diane's big party. "I think that'll be way too much, Elaine." The silver haired girl laughed, brushing the subject off. "Hey, did you know that we'll be doing a Secret Santa game during the party — though, it's before we give Diane her gifts." Elaine added in.

"Yeah — wait, what?!" Elizabeth choked on her words, becoming a blushing mess. "I didn't know at all! I have to go and get more presents, then!" Elizabeth gasped. 'I already have father's, Margaret's, Veronica's, Diane's, and Elaine's Christmas presents already finished.. thankfully. Though, I had to prepare two for Diane because it's also her birthday.. I hope they like them!..' the silver haired girl was lost in thought, mesmerized by her own plan.

She was nearly done her pollution project, because she started it the day before, she chose the topic 'Plastic/waste' so she could get it finished sooner. She had three days to go until she had to hand it in, and three days to go until Diane's birthday party.

As soon as the bell rang, Elizabeth rushed out of the classroom, with Elaine in tow. "I can't wait to go to her party! I've already got everyone Christmas presents, too, buuut.... can you accompany me with going to the store to get one — for Secret Santa?" Elizabeth murmured to the shorter girl, a little bit flustered. "Hold on! Hold on! I'm sure it'll be alright! Just get a scarf or something, Ellie! And alright, I'll come with you — but you better make it up to me and get us fast food! That stuff's yummy." Elaine smirked, tapping the taller girl's shoulder. "Finnnneee. But let's get McDonald's, then." Elizabeth face palmed, and Elaine jumped for joy.

The rest of the school day went alright, as Elizabeth had no problem with english and math. She grabbed her backpack and headed out of the school, waiting at the gate for Elaine.

She noticed Elaine talking with someone who looked like they were from another school, the person was quite tall, even taller than Elizabeth. though, he had silver hair just like her. She stared right at the two, invested at what their relationship might be. She then noticed how quickly Elaine hugged the taller man, and she even kissed him right on the lips.

Elizabeth's face went beet red as she witnessed her friend and that man, assuming it was her boyfriend, though.. she decided to keep quiet about it once Elaine came rushing over to Elizabeth.

"Sorry about the wait! I was just talking to some teachers about books I was missing.. eheh." The shorter girl's face was a little red, but Elizabeth shrugged it off, silently cheering for her friend.

The two made their way into town, getting the perfect gift for Secret Santa. Elizabeth finalized the gift, smiling at the purchase.

She then thanked Elaine and headed to McDonald's because she made the promise to treat her. Once they decided on what they would order they met a short blonde haired male, who served at the counter. "Welcome to McDonald's, what can I get you today?" He said, a smile plastered on his face.

"Hhh! It's yooou! I didn't think you worked here! How's Ban doing? Did he get fired yet?" Elaine grinned, and afterwards told the cashier what she wanted to order, and then Elizabeth ordered some fries and a burger.

'I wonder who 'he' is. Elaine seemed to know him, maybe he's one of Diane's friends?' Elizabeth thought, paying for her's and Elaine's orders and waited for the food, in mere minutes they received it, and thanked the blonde.

'I love McDonald's.. it's been forever since I had it though, so I bought more than just fries like usual..' Elizabeth thought, blushing as she remembered the blonde's features, from his short yet muscular looking physique to his emerald green eyes. 'I hope he's one of Diane's friends.. he seems nice, though, it may just be how he acts at work.' She got lost deep in thought and left with Elaine in two after finishing their food with satisfied stomachs.

Margaret and Veronica questioned why Elizabeth was late that night, but she told them the truth about heading out to shop for Christmas things and eat McDonald's with Elaine, she even shown them the receipts for proof. So they shrugged it off and were thankful that she wasn't hurt in any way. Elizabeth crashed right on top of her bed, all that fast food made her sleepy, and she ended up having a nice sleep, reminiscing about the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made this chapter the same day I made the first one! I'm actually proud I've been writing tons recently! I hope you enjoy my fanfiction thus far!

~Sumi