Chapter One

" Next up, James Black! Please come out right now! "

  James steadily paced himself, and took big breaths. It was his moment. It was his time. It was all in him. The best part?

  He knew that somewhere, out there, she will be watching. He also knew that somewhere out there, he will be watching as well. He had people to wow, but most importantly, he had people to prove himself to.

  As James took the stage, he looked out at the vast crowd assembled at The Arena that night. The sight was spectacular - many people from all over the state had come to see him, James Black. Still, his eyes searched for one person. A quick scan would have done the trick - but instead, he decided to take his time, as he reintroduced himself for probably, the thousandth time.

  " Good evening everyone, I am James Black. "

  There. Found her.

  " I am very thankful to all of you who have come here today for my debut concert and uhhm, today, I would really like to dedicate this song to a very, very special someone, and I know that today, she is here among the huge crowd of people, " James spoke into the mic as he started strumming his guitar, E minor, G, D, C, and then, he begun.

  That's where the story will pick up, but as for now, let's go back to where we are supposed to be - a 17 year old James Black who barely anyone knew, except for the kids in Brooklyn High. Why do I make this exception?

  Dear reader, it is where our story begins.