❅ i.

•••

•••

     hailee was never one for words. especially to strangers. that's why she was always alone. at school, she only hung out with one person, her best friend sadie sink. sadie was her only close friend, which seemed unusual because sadie was so well known. you'd think more people would befriend her. right?

     but that was not the case. people had tried to talk to the girl before, but getting no where considering she wouldn't reply. she would awkwardly smile and nod, a habit she just couldn't get rid of.

     one of sadies friends, jaeden martell, had always taken a liking to the girl. he was intrigued by her ever since sadie had introduced her to their friend group. and he had no clue why.

     he had tried countless times to become her friend, but she kindly declined each time. hailee never had a second thought about it.

     she simply thought she wasn't special enough for him. he was a famous actor after all. why would he want to be friends with her?

     hailee had sometimes thought about sadie like that. however, she had known sadie since she was in first grade. loosing sadie would be her greatest loss.
so she held onto sadie, making every moment memorable.

     it was currently november twenty ninth, and hailee was laying down on her living room couch, enjoying the heat radiating off the warm fire that her mother had lit for her. she was on her laptop, writing a story she had started in late september.

     her ringtone suddenly began playing, which made her jump. she quickly fiddled to find her phone, which had become buried down underneath her three blankets.

     once she found it, she read sadies contact name at the top.

SADIE 🤪 WOULD LIKE TO FACETIME...

     hailee clicked on accept without hesitation. sadies cheerful face soon popped up onto her screen, making hailee smile herself.

     "hey!" sadie exclaimed.

     "hi sadie!"  hailee replied. "what's up?"

     "alright, i may or may not have invited you to something." sadie said. hailee raised an eyebrow at the girl, confused as to what she meant.

     "what did you do now?" she asked.

     "so... millie, sophia, and i are having a sleepover tomorrow at my house and i told them you were coming." the red head explained. "so will you come?"

     the blonde sighed. "how do you even know i don't already have plans?"

     "hailee, i love you and you know that, but you only hang out with me." sadie replied.

     "okay, yeah, that's valid." hailee replied, beginning to laugh. sadie soon began laughing too.

     "but you'll come, right?" sadie asked once the laughter died down.

     "fine." she hesitantly answered. "i guess i'll go."

     "yay!" sadie beamed. "millie and sophia were so excited when i told them you'd be there!"

     "why?" hailee asked, still not understanding why sadies friends were so interested in her.

     "they want to get to know you!" sadie exclaimed. "come on, it'll be nice for you to have more friends. i can't be your only one."

     hailee shrugged. "i guess..."

     "you know i'm right." sadie said.

     "i guess..." she shrugged once more. sadie giggled at her, amused by her answer.

     "i'll see you tomorrow." sadie said. "text me if you need anything, alright?"

     "alright, mom." hailee said, rolling her eyes.

     "wow thanks." sadie laughed.

     "well, bye." hailee awkwardly said.

     "bye!" sadie exclaimed. hailee's thumb clicked the end call button and sadies face disappeared from her screen. she missed sadies presence already. she sighed as she looked outside of the window, seeing the snow falling made her smile once more.

     she couldn't lie. she was super excited for the next day. she knew sadie was right, she did need more friends than just sadie. and the perfect people were right in front of her. millie bobby brown and sophia lillis.

     she quickly shut her laptop, and set it on the coffee table in front of her, then she pealed the pile of blankets off of her. she gripped her phone as she got up from the couch, happily dancing to, and up the stairs. she couldn't wait any longer for tomorrow to begin. she wanted to be prepared, she wanted to fit in.

     so she packed her bags a night early, a smile never once leaving her face. not even when her mother scolded her for leaving the fire unattended. the smile didn't leave her face.

     if hailee had known what was going to happen that december, a smile wouldn't leave her face for the whole month. she would have been too excited.

•••

A/N...
i am so happy that this book is officially out! i hope you enjoy this book and love it as much as i do 🥺