❅ iv.

•••

•••

     "hailee?" sophia said, poking at the girl. hailees eyes opened slowly, the bright morning light blinding her. she had fallen asleep shortly after the movie had ended, and as she became aware of where she was her mind traveled back to her thoughts from last night.

     "hey," hailee responded, sitting up. she rubbed her eyes, glanced around, and realized that sadie and millie were missing. "good morning. where's sadie and millie?"

     "they're upstairs getting ready." sophia said, smiling a little. "the boys decided to come to sadies today, instead of millies. you're more than welcome to join us."

     "oh," hailee said. "um- i don't know-"

     "hailee's up!" a voice exclaimed from the catwalk. hailee looked up, seeing millie smiling at the two girls. soon coming into view was sadie, who smiled, too.

     "mornin'!" sadie practically yelled.

     "yeah, thanks, you too." hailee said grumpily.

     "come on, let's get ready!" millie exclaimed.

     "wha-" hailee began to reply, although sophia grabbed her hands, pulling her up and dragged her upstairs.

     "you're hanging out with us today." sadie stated.

     "but-"

     "no!" sadie exclaimed. "no buts! you're hanging out with us whether you like it or not."

     hailee rolled her eyes at her best friend, before pulling her clothes out of her bag. "i'm not, but whatever."

•••

     the clock hit six o'clock, the time hailee dreaded. either they would arrive any second, or arrive soon. of course she knew they were nice boys, but she had only just warmed up to millie and sophia. how was she supposed to do it with ten other people?

     "they're late!" millie yelled from the living room.

     "yeah, we know!" sophia yelled back. "i can read dumbass!"

     "okay, that wasn't very nice to say." millie said. hailee chuckled slightly at their words. she couldn't see them, considering she was sitting in sadies bedroom, but she knew millie would be making a fake sad expression. a knock was placed on the doorframe, and hailee look up to see sadie appear.