CaeJose Olive Garden Date Fic

// as always, i never really knew where to go with this one so ... its kind of scrapped but maybe..? also this was the first and i mean FIRST serious jojo fic i ever wrote hkfgkhfgkhf [and one of my first jojo fics in general ...]

It had been about 6 months since Joseph Joestar and Caesar Zeppeli became friends, and Joseph made the brilliant decision to ask him out.

Caesar flushed red and pouted, not wanting to admit he had grown accustomed to seeing Joseph's smiling face everyday. He hesitated to say yes but sighed and nodded.

Joseph and Caesar were currently visiting America together and Joseph wanted to impress Caesar by taking him to a nice Italian restaurant. Joseph knew how much Caesar cared about the Italian culture and started asking people for recommendations.

Speedwagon suggested "Olive Garden" because he heard about it once and thought it had Italian food. He told Lisa Lisa and Smokey about Joseph and Caesar and said he thought it was "cute."

Lisa Lisa immediately said they had to be chaperones to make sure nothing bad happened to them, especially since Joseph was wearing the Red Stone of Aja like it was an ordinary necklace... He had no idea what it actually was.

"Oh, Caesarino~! I have a great idea for where to take us for tonight's date. Oh, it's so weird calling it a date... But anyway, I asked Speedwagon for a recommendation and I know he's given me good suggestions in the past." Joseph said, smiling.

Caesar was excited and went into his room to get ready. Joseph said the date was in two hours, and Caesar took about an hour and a half to get fully ready... Plus, he wanted to look nice for his boyfriend, even though he knew that Joseph wasn't about to put in the same efforts to make himself look formal. Joseph looked cute, but he couldn't stay still in a formal setting for a minute.

Eventually, both men were ready. Joseph was wearing a button-down shirt and slacks, and he made an unsuccessful attempt to brush his always-messy hair down. He wore the necklace that he bought in Venice before he and Caesar came to America and nervously adjusted the collar of his shirt. Speedwagon was out front and picked them up in his beat-up car. Not the nicest method of transportation, but it was better than nothing...

Joseph was unusually quiet, so Caesar reached over and put his hand on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"Joseph, you don't have to be so quiet around me you know. It looks like I really am better at being in a relationship!" Caesar teased.

"I... It's just different now, okay?! I don't want to get mushy on you, and I don't want old man Speedwagon to hear and get emotional like he did when I told him I... Ihadacrushonyou... Ughhhhh!" Joseph said, groaning. "You're so cute I can't stand it sometimes..." he continued.

"Ahh... Jojo you can't say that and expect me to not get emotional..." Speedwagon said, wiping a tear from his eye. He was thinking of Jonathan and the brief times they shared together and was glad he could help out the Joestar family as much as he had so far.

"Eugh... Mr. Speedwagon, don't cry please. You'll probably hit something..." Caesar said, looking out the window. He didn't want Joseph to see the blush spreading over his face and he was not expecting Joseph to even say something that cheesy. After all, wasn't Caesar supposed to be the absolute heartthrob? The casanova? How the tables have turned!

Eventually, they pulled up to a restaurant. Initially, Caesar was happy, but then he noticed what he was looking at. An Olive Garden. ...Wait, what? This wasn't even an Italian restaurant, it was just Italian-based... If one could call it that.

"You said you wanted Italian food, right Caesar? Speedwagon said that this place was great!" Joseph said, smiling. He was so oblivious, but Caesar said nothing and got out. He didn't want to hurt Joseph's feelings on their first date, but he was ... so unimpressed. He supposed that for their next date, he would just make Joseph go to an actual Italian restaurant.