A Proper Ending

[This is the end guys! Thank you for sticking with me through all this;) I highly appreciate every vote and comment I've gotten^^]

When Shuichi's eyes gave way to the light and he could no longer look at it, he shut his them and felt the familiar sensation of tears rolling down his face.

The light shone through his lids so he turned and released a soft groan of discomfort.  But...wait.

  Wasn't he dead?

  He turned again and looked back at the light, but rather than staring into it, he moved his eyes around. Once they had adjusted, he noticed a ceiling. After that, a wall. He sat up with a hint of pain in his chest. He remembered that had been where he had been struck with large pink spears just before he could harm Monokuma. That bastard bear.

He reached up and moved the light away from his face, revealing more of the room. It was very plain with very little decorating taking form of the small plant resting in the corner. It looked to be a... hospital..?

Shuichi's was confused. Is this what the afterlife looked like?

Interrupting his thoughts was a slight twinge of the doorknob. Shuichi flintched and looked at the door.

"Sir, you can't go in there!" A nurse-or what Shuichi assumed to be a nurse said.

"Fuck you, I'll go where I please!" A familiar, mischievous voice said, his words laced with irritation.

Shuichi gasped softly. Could it be..?

The voice from outside the door opened it with a click and walked in. Shuichi almost sobbed when he saw purple hair.

"K-kokichi..?" Shuichi said softly, his voice rough and unused.

Kokichi looked up, "Hello, detective."